Velocity Reviews

-   -   How to change Profile Provider during runtime? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t752920-how-to-change-profile-provider-during-runtime.html)

briandre 08-17-2011 10:30 AM

How to change Profile Provider during runtime?

Hi All,

My site uses the built-in ASP.NET Profile module to manage user profiles.

I need to change the Profile Provider during runtime. The reason is that the site will be implemented in two macines: a server using Sql Server 2008 R2 and an embedded system using Sql Compact 4.0.

For the 1st one it is using the built-in profile provider 'SqlProfileProvider'. For the 2nd one it is using the new DefaultProfileProvider by the new ASP.NET Universal Providers (which is still in alpha stage).

I need to find a way to change the provider depending on the machine that is running the site. I managed to do that for Membership & Role, by using something like:

Membership.Providers["MyProvider"].GetUser(UserGUID, true);

But I can't find out how to do the same sort of thing for Profile.

Thanks.