Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: java shopping carts (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t752810-re-java-shopping-carts.html)

Roedy Green 08-13-2011 09:01 PM

Re: java shopping carts

On Fri, 12 Aug 2011 16:21:39 -0700, Steve Sobol <sjsobol@JustThe.net>

>So now I've turned to Java. So far, I've found JadaSite, KonaKart and
>Shopizer. Was wondering if anyone has experience with any of those
>products, or other similar products.

I have collected a list of them at
http://mindprod.com/jgloss/shoppingcart.html

That might help you find some new candidates.
--
Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
http://mindprod.com

Tom Anderson 08-14-2011 10:34 AM

Re: java shopping carts

On Sat, 13 Aug 2011, Roedy Green wrote:

> On Fri, 12 Aug 2011 16:21:39 -0700, Steve Sobol <sjsobol@JustThe.net>
>
>> So now I've turned to Java. So far, I've found JadaSite, KonaKart and
>> Shopizer. Was wondering if anyone has experience with any of those
>> products, or other similar products.

> I have collected a list of them at
> http://mindprod.com/jgloss/shoppingcart.html

Roedy, when i open this page, my screen is immediately covered with 47
tiny litle windows saying something like "GBP 0.27", with the numbers
varying. I guess this is your currency converter applet.

I also see currency converters on the page itself, but i seem to get them
in their own windows too.

I'm using Firefox 4.0.1, OpenJDK 1.6.0 (version openjdk-1.6.0.0-51.1.8.8
from Fedora Linux; i have no idea what that corresponds to in normal
version numbers), and the IcedTea6 1.8.8 plugin (OpenJDK doesn't have its
own plugin), on Fedora 13.

tom

--
Vi veri veniversum vivus vici.

John B. Matthews 08-14-2011 07:23 PM

Re: java shopping carts

In article <alpine.DEB.2.00.1108141117040.3898@urchin.earth.l i>,
Tom Anderson <twic@urchin.earth.li> wrote:

> On Sat, 13 Aug 2011, Roedy Green wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 12 Aug 2011 16:21:39 -0700, Steve Sobol <sjsobol@JustThe.net>
> > wrote, quoted or indirectly quoted someone who said :
> >
> >> So now I've turned to Java. So far, I've found JadaSite, KonaKart
> >> and Shopizer. Was wondering if anyone has experience with any of
> >> those products, or other similar products.

> > I have collected a list of them at
> > http://mindprod.com/jgloss/shoppingcart.html

> Roedy, when i open this page, my screen is immediately covered with
> 47 tiny litle windows saying something like "GBP 0.27", with the
> numbers varying. I guess this is your currency converter applet.
>
> I also see currency converters on the page itself, but i seem to get
> them in their own windows too.
>
> I'm using Firefox 4.0.1, OpenJDK 1.6.0 (version
> openjdk-1.6.0.0-51.1.8.8 from Fedora Linux; i have no idea what that
> corresponds to in normal version numbers), and the IcedTea6 1.8.8
> plugin (OpenJDK doesn't have its own plugin), on Fedora 13.

For comparison:

Ubuntu 10.04.3 LTS
open-jdk/iced-tea version 6b20-1.9.9-0ubuntu1~10.04.2
Firefox 3.6.18+build2+nobinonly-0ubuntu0.10.04.2

The page cited hangs while loading the applets. This page, containing a
single applet instance, works correctly:

<http://mindprod.com/jgloss/currcon.html>

No problem on Mac OS X, Safari 5.0.6 or Firefox 5.0.1.

--
John B. Matthews
trashgod at gmail dot com

Martin Gregorie 08-14-2011 08:07 PM

Re: java shopping carts

On Sun, 14 Aug 2011 15:23:27 -0400, John B. Matthews wrote:

> http://mindprod.com/jgloss/shoppingcart.html

No problem here (Opera 11.50, Firefox 3.6.18), both on Fedora 14.

--
martin@ | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK