Velocity Reviews

-   -   GREEDY Apple wanted 30% of sales for doing almost NOTHING (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t752677-greedy-apple-wanted-30-of-sales-for-doing-almost-nothing.html)

RichA 08-10-2011 03:36 PM

GREEDY Apple wanted 30% of sales for doing almost NOTHING

Except act as a conduit. Scum. Nice to see companies bailing on
them.

http://money.cnn.com/2011/08/10/tech...htm?hpt=te_bn2

PeterN 08-10-2011 03:53 PM

Re: GREEDY Apple wanted 30% of sales for doing almost NOTHING

On 8/10/2011 11:36 AM, RichA wrote:
> Except act as a conduit. Scum. Nice to see companies bailing on
> them.
>
> http://money.cnn.com/2011/08/10/tech...htm?hpt=te_bn2

It's called competition.

--
Peter

PeterN 08-10-2011 03:58 PM

Rich misquots again. Was Re: GREEDY Apple wanted 30% of sales fordoing almost NOTHING

On 8/10/2011 11:36 AM, RichA wrote:
> Except act as a conduit. Scum. Nice to see companies bailing on
> them.
>
> http://money.cnn.com/2011/08/10/tech...htm?hpt=te_bn2

According to the article, Amazon is not bailing out.
"An Amazon representative said the company will not pull its iOS Kindle
app from Apple's App Store, and that Kindle Cloud was not a direct
response to Apple's new rules

--
Peter

ray 08-10-2011 05:11 PM

On Wed, 10 Aug 2011 08:36:59 -0700, RichA wrote:

> Except act as a conduit. Scum. Nice to see companies bailing on them.
>
> http://money.cnn.com/2011/08/10/tech...oud/index.htm?

hpt=te_bn2

If that's what they want, it would seem you have to choices.

RichA 08-10-2011 06:41 PM

On Aug 10, 11:53*am, PeterN <peter....@nospam.verizon.net> wrote:
> On 8/10/2011 11:36 AM, RichA wrote:
>
> > Except act as a conduit. *Scum. *Nice to see companies bailing on
> > them.

> >http://money.cnn.com/2011/08/10/tech.../index.htm?hpt...

> It's called competition.
>
> --
> Peter

If you think they are adding 30% value, compared to the CREATOR of the
songs, the engineers, etc, you are a F------ IDIOT.

RichA 08-10-2011 06:44 PM

Re: Rich misquots again. Was Re: GREEDY Apple wanted 30% of sales fordoing almost NOTHING

On Aug 10, 11:58*am, PeterN <peter....@nospam.verizon.net> wrote:
> On 8/10/2011 11:36 AM, RichA wrote:
>
> > Except act as a conduit. *Scum. *Nice to see companies bailing on
> > them.

> >http://money.cnn.com/2011/08/10/tech.../index.htm?hpt...

> According to the article, Amazon is not bailing out.
> "An Amazon representative said the company will not pull its iOS Kindle
> app from Apple's App Store, and that Kindle Cloud was not a direct
> response to Apple's new rules
>
> --
> Peter

Not yet, but these certainly presages it:

As publishers grow tired of changing their apps to comply with Apple's
-- or any app store's -- new rules, HTML5 represents an attractive
prospect. Keep it all on the Web, and you're not beholden to anyone.

The Financial Times and ESPN have each built new mobile apps in HTML5.

Amazon didn't name Apple in its press release, but it did take pains
to specifically point out one of the Kindle Cloud's features: "Without
even leaving the app, customers can start shopping in the Kindle
Store."

tony cooper 08-10-2011 06:54 PM

Re: GREEDY Apple wanted 30% of sales for doing almost NOTHING

On Wed, 10 Aug 2011 11:41:28 -0700 (PDT), RichA <rander3127@gmail.com>
wrote:

>On Aug 10, 11:53*am, PeterN <peter....@nospam.verizon.net> wrote:
>> On 8/10/2011 11:36 AM, RichA wrote:
>>
>> > Except act as a conduit. *Scum. *Nice to see companies bailing on
>> > them.

>> >http://money.cnn.com/2011/08/10/tech.../index.htm?hpt...

>> It's called competition.
>>
>> --
>> Peter

>If you think they are adding 30% value, compared to the CREATOR of the
>songs, the engineers, etc, you are a F------ IDIOT.

Right. The delivery system probably adds *more* than 30% of the value
to the product.

Without the delivery system, the product has no value.

If you invent and make a product of any kind, and attempt to sell it
through distributors, the price you sell it to them for (your value)
will be doubled or tripled or more in the marketplace. A song is just
another product.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

nospam 08-10-2011 07:04 PM

Re: GREEDY Apple wanted 30% of sales for doing almost NOTHING

In article
<370302dd-80bf-41b7-a257-e80444bdab55@df3g2000vbb.googlegroups.com>,
RichA <rander3127@gmail.com> wrote:

so does the android marketplace and microsoft windows phone, and it's
not for doing 'almost nothing.'

PeterN 08-10-2011 07:10 PM

RICHA fails to think again Was: Re: GREEDY Apple wanted 30% of salesfor doing almost NOTHING

On 8/10/2011 2:41 PM, RichA wrote:
> On Aug 10, 11:53 am, PeterN<peter....@nospam.verizon.net> wrote:
>> On 8/10/2011 11:36 AM, RichA wrote:
>>
>>> Except act as a conduit. Scum. Nice to see companies bailing on
>>> them.

>>> http://money.cnn.com/2011/08/10/tech.../index.htm?hpt...

>> It's called competition.
>>
>> --
>> Peter

> If you think they are adding 30% value, compared to the CREATOR of the
> songs, the engineers, etc, you are a F------ IDIOT.

Again you are using personal name calling to substitute for logic. That
doesn't work as a diversion. If you create a song and I can market it
for you your choice is either pay me 50%, or go elsewhere.
When I had my office, anyone who needed my services would either pay my
fees, or go elsewhere. If I charge too much, competition will force me
to lower my fees. What makes you think that Apple has an obligation to
the world to make its services available for nothing? Your logic is
straight from the Kumunist Manifesto. You don't even realize it.

--
Peter

John A. 08-11-2011 05:37 AM

Re: GREEDY Apple wanted 30% of sales for doing almost NOTHING

On Wed, 10 Aug 2011 08:36:59 -0700 (PDT), RichA <rander3127@gmail.com>
wrote:

>Except act as a conduit. Scum. Nice to see companies bailing on
>them.
>
>http://money.cnn.com/2011/08/10/tech...htm?hpt=te_bn2

Well, I read the article, and it seems to me this is analogous to a
printing service wanting a cut of the sales from the catalogs it
prints for retailers. The main difference is technical viability, but
that doesn't mean it's gonna fly.