Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: [SI] Mandate date change; now due Sept 12, 2011. (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t752412-re-si-mandate-date-change-now-due-sept-12-2011-a.html)

Robert Coe 08-04-2011 12:18 AM

Re: [SI] Mandate date change; now due Sept 12, 2011.

On Wed, 3 Aug 2011 16:51:29 -0700, Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>
wrote:
: On 2011-08-03 16:32:40 -0700, Bowser <yeeechhh@bleah.ugh> said:
:
: > Due to thousands of requests, the SI dictator has agreed to push the
: > date back a week to accommodate the holiday (in the US, anyway)
: > weekend. The new due date for the Dawn or Dusk mandate is September 12,
: > 2011.
: >
: > http://www.pbase.com/shootin/duskdawn
: >
: > The Shoot-In is a monthly gallery created by those who choose to
: > participate. No prized, points, or anything else but a few comments.
: > Give it a shot!
: >
: > For more info:
: >
: > http://www.pbase.com/shootin/rulzpage
:
: So now we actually don't have an August date. What happened to monthly?

We are now in Ramadan, which is reckoned according to the Muslim calendar.

Bob

PeterN 08-04-2011 02:27 PM

On 8/3/2011 8:36 PM, Savageduck wrote:
> On 2011-08-03 17:18:35 -0700, Robert Coe <bob@1776.COM> said:
>
>> On Wed, 3 Aug 2011 16:51:29 -0700, Savageduck
>> <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>
>> wrote:
>> : On 2011-08-03 16:32:40 -0700, Bowser <yeeechhh@bleah.ugh> said:
>> :
>> : > Due to thousands of requests, the SI dictator has agreed to push the
>> : > date back a week to accommodate the holiday (in the US, anyway)
>> : > weekend. The new due date for the Dawn or Dusk mandate is
>> September 12,
>> : > 2011.
>> : >
>> : > http://www.pbase.com/shootin/duskdawn
>> : >
>> : > The Shoot-In is a monthly gallery created by those who choose to
>> : > participate. No prized, points, or anything else but a few comments.
>> : > Give it a shot!
>> : >
>> : > For more info:
>> : >
>> : > http://www.pbase.com/shootin/rulzpage
>> :
>> : So now we actually don't have an August date. What happened to monthly?
>>
>> We are now in Ramadan, which is reckoned according to the Muslim
>> calendar.
>>
>> Bob

> The atheist abides.
>
> I just don't know what I am going to do with my pile of calendars with
> an "A" month dedicated to that long dead Roman emperor.

More than one month.

--
Peter

PeterN 08-04-2011 07:11 PM

On 8/4/2011 10:37 AM, Savageduck wrote:
> On 2011-08-04 07:27:31 -0700, PeterN <peter.new@nospam.verizon.net> said:

>>> The atheist abides.
>>>
>>> I just don't know what I am going to do with my pile of calendars with
>>> an "A" month dedicated to that long dead Roman emperor.
>>>

>> More than one month.

> Aah! Octavian = Augustus.

Julius - July.
Oh I misread your A

--
Peter

PeterN 08-04-2011 08:27 PM

Re: [SI] Mandate date change; now due Sept 12, 2011.

On 8/4/2011 3:59 PM, Savageduck wrote:

<snip>

> Julius Caesar, was never an emperor. At the time of his assassination,
> he, as the last survivor of the Crassus, Pompey, Consul Triumvirate, was
> "Dictator in perpetuity?

He tried to function as one, until the Ides Marched against him.

> Once Octavian took care of Mark Anthony, and side-lined Lepidus, he did
> away with the Republic and became Augustus, and the first emperor.

There is a modern lesson to be learned from that.

--
Peter