Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: "S" is available for viewing! (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t751956-re-s-is-available-for-viewing.html)

otter 07-26-2011 06:08 AM

Re: "S" is available for viewing!

On Jul 25, 6:15*pm, Bowser <yeeec...@bleah.ugh> wrote:
> Some Super Shots can be seen here:
>
> http://www.pbase.com/shootin/letter_s

Some nice shots this time. I'll just comment on a few.

My favorite was Peter Newman's Strawberry picture. It is interesting
even without the special effect.

And "Strings"... I have to say I looked at that several times. Looked
like there might have been a cut-out, though, which threw me off.

I liked Bowser's fisheyed seagull a lot, although there were some
background distractions.

I'm also a sucker for Pete Atkin's "Seafront Storage". Enhanced,
surely, but pleasant.

And, finally, I have to admit "Puddles" made me chuckle. Sometimes it
IS all about the subject.

No knock against the rest, I'm just lazy and it is late.

PeterN 07-27-2011 12:21 AM

On 7/26/2011 2:08 AM, otter wrote:
> On Jul 25, 6:15 pm, Bowser<yeeec...@bleah.ugh> wrote:
>> Some Super Shots can be seen here:
>>
>> http://www.pbase.com/shootin/letter_s

> Some nice shots this time. I'll just comment on a few.
>
> My favorite was Peter Newman's Strawberry picture. It is interesting
> even without the special effect.

Thank you

> And "Strings"... I have to say I looked at that several times. Looked
> like there might have been a cut-out, though, which threw me off.

She is quite real. No cutout. Just some color enhancement of her Bikini
and mile sharpening the luminosity layer in LAB.

--
Peter

otter 07-27-2011 01:17 AM

On Jul 26, 7:21*pm, PeterN <peter....@nospam.verizon.net> wrote:

> > And "Strings"... I have to say I looked at that several times. *Looked
> > like there might have been a cut-out, though, which threw me off.

> She is quite real. No cutout. Just some color enhancement of her Bikini
> and mile sharpening the luminosity layer in LAB.

If you zoom in on the edge of her body, it looks like a thick
outline. Maybe sharpening gone bad, who knows? It is noticeable to
me, that's all I'm saying. Not passing any "judgement".