Velocity Reviews

-   General Computer Support (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f44-general-computer-support.html)
-   -   Slow computer (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t751777-slow-computer.html)

Riotpolice124 07-21-2011 04:29 PM

Slow computer

HI, i have recently bought a new hard drive, new graphics card, and two new sticks of ram, yet my computer is still having problems running some games, and the internet is running slow. the other computer my family has, on the same internet modum has no trouble in this department so it is not my internet connection. is there possible anything i have yet to replace that might increase the speed of my computer?

avnish123 07-22-2011 04:59 AM

If you've got an anti-virus scanner on the computer, spyware protection program, or other security utility make sure it's not scanning your computer in the background.

rudolf 08-02-2011 05:37 PM

Hey there,

Have you tried defragging with Diskeeper? It's the number one defragger and they have free trials on their website. You play games and probably have a lot of files. The in-built defragger is way too slow. Download a free trial see how fragmented you are!

ZeLo 08-10-2011 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riotpolice124 (Post 4230255)
HI, i have recently bought a new hard drive, new graphics card, and two new sticks of ram, yet my computer is still having problems running some games, and the internet is running slow. the other computer my family has, on the same internet modum has no trouble in this department so it is not my internet connection. is there possible anything i have yet to replace that might increase the speed of my computer?

try malware bytes install that up date it then on start up hit F8 that will bring you into a boot menu go to safe mode with net working it should start up in what ever operating system you have go into administrator then go into malware bytes and run quick scan restart then same as befor F8 go to safe mode with net working it should start up in what ever operating system you have go administrator then run a full scan and do a restart after that make sure you quarantene it then again same thig F8 ,safe mode with net working admin
then were going to work on your cookies go to any random foler go tools it should say it

below were it says something like c:/mycomputer/somones documents ect if not hit the Alt button that should bring it up then go tools folder options ,veiw then go down to were it says hidden files and folders click it so it says show hidden files ,folders and drives then go down a little more and make sure the next 3 ticks are of under the hidden file,folders and drivers part then click apply then close that program

then go computer,what ever hard drive your using so c: it should be called then go users,waht ever your users name is so for me its zelo for you it will be your user name then go to app data then go local,temp,cookies then delete every thing in there that will help also use a program called ccleaner thats the easyst way and just uncheck every thing in that program then go to the internet part and check all apart from recentaly typed urls and saced password unless u wanna get rid of saved passwords then that should of speed up your inter net alot and try using a different program like google pro or its brother explorer iron its very similar but liess bugs i think that should help

:adore:Zelo out if you have any problems email me at zelo37 at hotmail.com sorry about not putting the email propper as it wont let me put it up with out the at