Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: More shooter harassment (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t751734-re-more-shooter-harassment.html)

Whisky-dave 07-20-2011 11:50 AM

Re: More shooter harassment

On Jul 19, 11:43*pm, Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>
wrote:
> On 2011-07-19 15:13:27 -0700, Alfred Molon <alfred_mo...@yahoo.com> said:
>
> > When I landed in Girona airport (Spain) this June and was walking
> > towards the terminal, I tried to take a picture of the building (from
> > the outside). Some airport staff told me it was forbidden and even
> > followed me for a while to make sure I really would not take a picture
> > of the airport building.

> Different country, with different Laws to deal with. If you are not a
> local, or a have a good knowledge of local Laws, polite discretion is
> usually the best. Spain has its domestic issues, and it is very likely
> that an airport in Spain is well watched and has security regulations
> which might seem paranoid to a complacent tourist.

There was soem problms a few years back when a brit took photos ate a
greek airport
they were arrested.

> Bowser taking shots of a Ferry terminal from public property in the USA
> is not illegal.

I'mm betting he just wanted to take a photo of a [S]hip for the next
shoot in :) (not a boat or ferry !)

Bowser 07-20-2011 12:05 PM

Re: More shooter harassment

wrote:
> On 2011-07-19 15:13:27 -0700, Alfred Molon
> <alfred_mo...@yahoo.com> said:
>
> > When I landed in Girona airport (Spain) this June and
> > was walking
> > towards the terminal, I tried to take a picture of the
> > building (from
> > the outside). Some airport staff told me it was
> > forbidden and even
> > followed me for a while to make sure I really would not
> > take a picture
> > of the airport building.

> Different country, with different Laws to deal with. If
> you are not a
> local, or a have a good knowledge of local Laws, polite
> discretion is
> usually the best. Spain has its domestic issues, and it is
> very likely
> that an airport in Spain is well watched and has security
> regulations
> which might seem paranoid to a complacent tourist.

There was soem problms a few years back when a brit took
photos ate a
greek airport
they were arrested.

> Bowser taking shots of a Ferry terminal from public
> property in the USA
> is not illegal.

>I'mm betting he just wanted to take a photo of a [S]hip for
>the next
>shoot in :) (not a boat or ferry !)

Nah, it was a building. I already had a few shots of the
ferry at the dock.

I've got birds, sunsets, and statues for the gallery this
month!

PeterN 07-20-2011 12:25 PM

Re: More shooter harassment

On 7/20/2011 8:05 AM, Bowser wrote:

> I've got birds, sunsets, and statues for the gallery this month!

If I take a shot of a law book would it qualify as a statute.

--
Peter

Irwell 07-20-2011 03:51 PM

Re: More shooter harassment

On Wed, 20 Jul 2011 08:05:40 -0400, Bowser wrote:

> "Whisky-dave" wrote in message
>
> On Jul 19, 11:43 pm, Savageduck
> <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>
> wrote:
>> On 2011-07-19 15:13:27 -0700, Alfred Molon
>> <alfred_mo...@yahoo.com> said:
>>
>>> When I landed in Girona airport (Spain) this June and
>>> was walking
>>> towards the terminal, I tried to take a picture of the
>>> building (from
>>> the outside). Some airport staff told me it was
>>> forbidden and even
>>> followed me for a while to make sure I really would not
>>> take a picture
>>> of the airport building.

>> Different country, with different Laws to deal with. If
>> you are not a
>> local, or a have a good knowledge of local Laws, polite
>> discretion is
>> usually the best. Spain has its domestic issues, and it is
>> very likely
>> that an airport in Spain is well watched and has security
>> regulations
>> which might seem paranoid to a complacent tourist.

> There was soem problms a few years back when a brit took
> photos ate a
> greek airport
> they were arrested.

They were plane spotters, belonging to a British club,
at an open house Greek Airforce day.
Greek Plane Spotters: In November 2001, a group of 12 British and two Dutch
plane spotters were arrested on charges of espionage after taking notes
during an open day at a Greek Air Force base. They were found guilty in
2002. The Greek courts overturned the conviction on appeal.

PeterN 07-21-2011 09:20 PM

Re: More shooter harassment

On 7/20/2011 11:51 AM, Irwell wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Jul 2011 08:05:40 -0400, Bowser wrote:

< snip>

>> There was soem problms a few years back when a brit took
>> photos ate a
>> greek airport
>> they were arrested.

> They were plane spotters, belonging to a British club,
> at an open house Greek Airforce day.

I'm wondering whether they finished the meal with bakala and Ouzo

--
Peter

Irwell 07-22-2011 01:46 AM

Re: More shooter harassment

On Thu, 21 Jul 2011 17:20:20 -0400, PeterN wrote:

> On 7/20/2011 11:51 AM, Irwell wrote:
>> On Wed, 20 Jul 2011 08:05:40 -0400, Bowser wrote:

> < snip>
>

>>> There was soem problms a few years back when a brit took
>>> photos ate a
>>> greek airport
>>> they were arrested.

>> They were plane spotters, belonging to a British club,
>> at an open house Greek Airforce day.

> I'm wondering whether they finished the meal with bakala and Ouzo

They had a terrible time, hauled off to jail in handcuffs, forget how long
they were imprisoned before the trial but it was stressful for
them.

PeterN 07-22-2011 01:29 PM

Re: More shooter harassment

On 7/21/2011 9:46 PM, Irwell wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Jul 2011 17:20:20 -0400, PeterN wrote:
>
>> On 7/20/2011 11:51 AM, Irwell wrote:
>>> On Wed, 20 Jul 2011 08:05:40 -0400, Bowser wrote:

>> < snip>

>>> They were plane spotters, belonging to a British club,
>>> at an open house Greek Airforce day.

>> I'm wondering whether they finished the meal with bakala and Ouzo

> They had a terrible time, hauled off to jail in handcuffs, forget how long
> they were imprisoned before the trial but it was stressful for
> them.

OK One more try. Did they put ketchup on the airport.

--
Peter