Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: camera phone used for real photography shock (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t751083-re-camera-phone-used-for-real-photography-shock.html)

RichA 07-07-2011 02:03 PM

On Jul 7, 4:44*am, bugbear <bugbear@trim_papermule.co.uk_trim> wrote:
> Photographers Teru Kuwayama and Balazs Gardi, both of whom
> have done work in Afghanistan before, were embedded with
> the US marines used iPhone + Hipstamatic to shoot.
>
> Article:http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2011...-war-iphone-im...
>
> It appears that the project was partially driven by a desire
> for immediacy, which may have been a factor in the choice.
>
> * *BugBear

The one shot they showed looked F----- horrible. The guy had the
colour of a zombie. To HELL with camera phones. As documentary
devices, they are passable; as photographic tools, they are garbage.

MC 07-07-2011 02:30 PM

RichA wrote:

> On Jul 7, 4:44*am, bugbear <bugbear@trim_papermule.co.uk_trim> wrote:
> > Photographers Teru Kuwayama and Balazs Gardi, both of whom
> > have done work in Afghanistan before, were embedded with
> > the US marines used iPhone + Hipstamatic to shoot.

Article:http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2011...-war-iphone-im...

> > It appears that the project was partially driven by a desire
> > for immediacy, which may have been a factor in the choice.
> >
> > * *BugBear

> The one shot they showed looked F----- horrible. The guy had the
> colour of a zombie. To HELL with camera phones. As documentary
> devices, they are passable; as photographic tools, they are garbage.

Especially the iPhone, which is particularly bad as a camera.

MC

Whisky-dave 07-07-2011 02:52 PM

On Jul 7, 3:30*pm, "MC" <a...@any.any> wrote:
> RichA wrote:
> > On Jul 7, 4:44*am, bugbear <bugbear@trim_papermule.co.uk_trim> wrote:
>
> > > Photographers Teru Kuwayama and Balazs Gardi, both of whom
> > > have done work in Afghanistan before, were embedded with
> > > the US marines used iPhone + Hipstamatic to shoot.

> Article:http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2011...-war-iphone-im...
>

> > > It appears that the project was partially driven by a desire
> > > for immediacy, which may have been a factor in the choice.

> > > * *BugBear

> > The one shot they showed looked F----- horrible. *The guy had the
> > colour of a zombie. *To HELL with camera phones. *As documentary
> > devices, they are passable; as photographic tools, they are garbage.

> Especially the iPhone, which is particularly bad as a camera.
>
> MC

I've heard it's one of the better camera phones, but what is the best
camera phone on the market.