Velocity Reviews

-   -   OT Change XP Windows Professional 32 Bit SignOn Password (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t750980-ot-change-xp-windows-professional-32-bit-signon-password.html)

Bob AZ 07-06-2011 06:45 AM

OT Change XP Windows Professional 32 Bit SignOn Password

OT

I bought two Dell Network XP Precision XP Windows 32 bit computers. I
did not get the SignOn Passwords. So I can't sign on and use the
computers to do my thing. Do I need to pull the password jumper on the
MotherBoard to open things up?

Thanks
Bob AZ

Charlie Russel-MVP 07-06-2011 01:59 PM

Re: OT Change XP Windows Professional 32 Bit SignOn Password

If the password you don't know is to boot, then yes. If it is to log in to
Windows, then no. It sounds like you need the password for Windows. There
are multiple ways to get in, given that you have physical access. But
honestly, I would avoid all of them and simply start over. Wipe the drives
and install a fresh clean copy of Windows. You have no way of knowing WHAT
is on those machines, and I wouldn't trust them.

--
Charlie.
http://blogs.msmvps.com/russel

Carlos 07-10-2011 06:53 PM

On 6 jul, 03:45, Bob AZ <rwatson...@aol.com> wrote:
> OT
>
> I bought two Dell Network XP Precision XP Windows 32 bit computers. I
> did not get the SignOn Passwords. So I can't sign on and use the
> computers to do my thing. Do I need to pull the password jumper on the
> MotherBoard to open things up?
>
> Thanks
> Bob *AZ

Bob,