Velocity Reviews

-   -   Session variable are shared between users (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t75083-session-variable-are-shared-between-users.html)

ton 04-02-2004 01:02 PM

Session variable are shared between users

Hi,
I keep several variables in a statevalue like:
Dim session As SessionState.HttpSessionState =
System.Web.HttpContext.Current.Session

session("connect") = " FKHFSF "

I thought that these variables would be the exclusive use of one connected
user/connection. But it looks like that in a multiuser enviroment some
variables are shared. So I end on the page somenone else was editing.

What am I missing here. (I have not modified any property of the session
variable)

Ton

Patrice 04-02-2004 01:26 PM

Re: Session variable are shared between users

No other code than that ? It looks like it should work (of course all users
will have the same connect value if you store always FKHFSF for all users).
What if you are using directly System.Web.HttpContext.Current.Session.

Other than that , it would like as if you were using a shared property
somewhere...

Patrice

ton 04-02-2004 02:15 PM

Re: Session variable are shared between users

No other code than that ! I save the logged in user, the page where I, the
details, the recordID of the record they asked.

but when 2 users connect via internet with my page, the values get mixed up.
I have to say that I've developed a Customserver control and that is using
the state variable

Ton

ton 04-02-2004 02:15 PM

George Ter-Saakov 04-05-2004 12:23 PM

Re: Session variable are shared between users

Ho do you test the multi-user environment?
Do you just open up the second browser?
If you opening it by using new window then you get the same session.
It's by design (of Browser).

Try to do the real test. From 2 different machines for example.

I can assure you that it works (unless your system is messed up big time)

George.

ton 04-05-2004 03:29 PM

Re: Session variable are shared between users

it does not work on a second system.
But I've solved it allready. It looks that using sessionstate variables in a
customserver control is not reliable.
I've changed it to viewstate and now it works. Allthough I have to save de
logon values in a sessionstate, then when opening the second page (with
another customservercontrol) I read the sessionstate variable and save them
in viewstate. With these variabele I keep on using without any problem when
other users are opening the same page.

ton