Velocity Reviews

-   -   Printer (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t750741-printer.html)

Eric Miller 07-01-2011 01:45 AM

Printer

It's been a while since I've looked for a printing service. Please
recommend anyone you have had good experience with. I am looking to get
a high quality, 20x30 B&W print. I need a service that will let me
upload the image (I'm betting that most do this). mightyimaging.com is
one that popped up when I searched. Anyone have experience with them. Is
there any process that is especially recommended for b&w prints. Do you
need more info to make a recommendation?

TIA

Eric Miller

PeterN 07-01-2011 08:05 PM

Re: Printer

On 6/30/2011 9:45 PM, Eric Miller wrote:
> It's been a while since I've looked for a printing service. Please
> recommend anyone you have had good experience with. I am looking to get
> a high quality, 20x30 B&W print. I need a service that will let me
> upload the image (I'm betting that most do this). mightyimaging.com is
> one that popped up when I searched. Anyone have experience with them. Is
> there any process that is especially recommended for b&w prints. Do you
> need more info to make a recommendation?
>
> TIA
>
> Eric Miller

I've had good results using Costco. but, you have to be careful with
sizing and instruct them about cropping. I usually call after I submit
to follow up with telephone instructions.

--
Peter

Eric Miller 07-02-2011 02:54 AM

Re: Printer

On 7/1/2011 3:05 PM, PeterN wrote:
> On 6/30/2011 9:45 PM, Eric Miller wrote:
>> It's been a while since I've looked for a printing service. Please
>> recommend anyone you have had good experience with. I am looking to get
>> a high quality, 20x30 B&W print. I need a service that will let me
>> upload the image (I'm betting that most do this). mightyimaging.com is
>> one that popped up when I searched. Anyone have experience with them. Is
>> there any process that is especially recommended for b&w prints. Do you
>> need more info to make a recommendation?
>>
>> TIA
>>
>> Eric Miller

> I've had good results using Costco. but, you have to be careful with
> sizing and instruct them about cropping. I usually call after I submit
> to follow up with telephone instructions.

Unfortunately there is no Costco in my state AFAIK. WalMart does
printing, but I was looking to get a better looking print than what I
have seen them do on their HP Printers (which aren't half bad on color
prints). One online printer uses lightjet and another process, but it
has been a long time since I made any big prints (about two years) that
I really don't even know what process I should be looking at to make a
"wow" type print (assuming my image is up to the task).

Eric Miller

PeterN 07-02-2011 01:57 PM

Re: Printer

On 7/1/2011 10:54 PM, Eric Miller wrote:
> On 7/1/2011 3:05 PM, PeterN wrote:
>> On 6/30/2011 9:45 PM, Eric Miller wrote:
>>> It's been a while since I've looked for a printing service. Please
>>> recommend anyone you have had good experience with. I am looking to get
>>> a high quality, 20x30 B&W print. I need a service that will let me
>>> upload the image (I'm betting that most do this). mightyimaging.com is
>>> one that popped up when I searched. Anyone have experience with them. Is
>>> there any process that is especially recommended for b&w prints. Do you
>>> need more info to make a recommendation?
>>>
>>> TIA
>>>
>>> Eric Miller

>> I've had good results using Costco. but, you have to be careful with
>> sizing and instruct them about cropping. I usually call after I submit
>> to follow up with telephone instructions.
>>

> Unfortunately there is no Costco in my state AFAIK. WalMart does
> printing, but I was looking to get a better looking print than what I
> have seen them do on their HP Printers (which aren't half bad on color
> prints). One online printer uses lightjet and another process, but it
> has been a long time since I made any big prints (about two years) that
> I really don't even know what process I should be looking at to make a
> "wow" type print (assuming my image is up to the task).
>
> Eric Miller

Too bad they are not convenient for you. You can get low priced, or free
snacks while waiting.
However, they do mail order and use a photo processor. I don't think
they use archival inks, so don't count on a 400 year life for your
prints. You can also download the profiles and specify the machine they
are to print on. I think they have a very reasonable satisfaction policy.

--
Peter