Velocity Reviews

-   -   Apache Commons HttpClient 3.1 POST example? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t750307-apache-commons-httpclient-3-1-post-example.html)

Sebastian 06-22-2011 07:59 AM

Apache Commons HttpClient 3.1 POST example?

Hello there,

could anyone point me to an example showing how to
do HTTP POST with Apache Commons HttpClient 3.1 ?
I need to put an XML document in the body of the
post request.

I did this with Apache HttpComponents HttpClient 4.1,
however, the API is substantially different from 3.1,
and I need to port backwards. (The Apache site seems
only to have a short Http GET example, based on 3.0).

-- Sebastian

Sebastian 06-22-2011 08:29 AM

Re: Apache Commons HttpClient 3.1 POST example?

Am 22.06.2011 09:59, schrieb Sebastian:
> Hello there,
>
> could anyone point me to an example showing how to
> do HTTP POST with Apache Commons HttpClient 3.1 ?
> I need to put an XML document in the body of the
> post request.
>
> I did this with Apache HttpComponents HttpClient 4.1,
> however, the API is substantially different from 3.1,
> and I need to port backwards. (The Apache site seems
> only to have a short Http GET example, based on 3.0).
>
> -- Sebastian

Meanwhile, I've managed toc obble something together by
combining two of the samples (the PostSOAP sample and
the AlternateAuthentication sample). I apologize for
having posted prematurely.

-- Sebastian