Velocity Reviews

Velocity Reviews (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/index.php)
-   NZ Computing (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f47-nz-computing.html)
-   -   Should Ballmer Go? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t749034-should-ballmer-go.html)

Lawrence D'Oliveiro 05-27-2011 04:14 AM

Should Ballmer Go?
 
Microsoft’s share price has been in long-term decline the past decade (since
about the time Ballmer took over). Should they get a new CEO?

<http://www.zdnet.com/blog/btl/hedge-fund-manager-wants-microsofts-ballmer-to-go-why-it-wont-happen/49424>

Boots 05-27-2011 04:44 AM

Re: Should Ballmer Go?
 
On Fri, 27 May 2011 16:14:25 +1200, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:

> Microsoft’s share price has been in long-term decline the past decade
> (since about the time Ballmer took over). Should they get a new CEO?
>
> <http://www.zdnet.com/blog/btl/hedge-...ts-microsofts-

ballmer-to-go-why-it-wont-happen/49424>

I don't think it matters who is CEO of Microsoft so long as they continue
to fail to produce new innovative products.

The last true innovation that Microsoft did was MS Word on the Mac - back
in the '80s. Since then they've only copied other people's ideas. Now
those ideas are commonplace.


--
"Filtering the Internet is like trying to boil the ocean"

Squiggle 05-27-2011 05:41 AM

Re: Should Ballmer Go?
 
On 27/05/2011 4:14 p.m., Lawrence D'Oliveiro threw some characters down
the intarwebs:
> Microsoft’s share price has been in long-term decline the past decade (since
> about the time Ballmer took over). Should they get a new CEO?


Are you a microsoft shareholder? No? Are you a microsoft customer or
employee? No? Then what concern of is it of yours?

Lawrence D'Oliveiro 05-27-2011 11:08 AM

Re: Should Ballmer Go?
 
In message <irndhf$2fc$1@dont-email.me>, Squiggle wrote:

> On 27/05/2011 4:14 p.m., Lawrence D'Oliveiro threw some characters down
> the intarwebs:
>
>> Microsoft’s share price has been in long-term decline the past decade
>> (since about the time Ballmer took over). Should they get a new CEO?

>
> Are you a microsoft shareholder? No? Are you a microsoft customer or
> employee? No? Then what concern of is it of yours?


You mean am I qualified to tell you to STFU?

Yes.

Squiggle 05-27-2011 11:26 AM

Re: Should Ballmer Go?
 
On 27/05/2011 11:08 p.m., Lawrence D'Oliveiro threw some characters down
the intarwebs:
> In message <irndhf$2fc$1@dont-email.me>, Squiggle wrote:
>
>> On 27/05/2011 4:14 p.m., Lawrence D'Oliveiro threw some characters down
>> the intarwebs:
>>
>>> Microsoft’s share price has been in long-term decline the past decade
>>> (since about the time Ballmer took over). Should they get a new CEO?

>>
>> Are you a microsoft shareholder? No? Are you a microsoft customer or
>> employee? No? Then what concern of is it of yours?

>
> You mean am I qualified to tell you to STFU?
>
> Yes.


But you are also wielding zero authority, and demand a similar amount of
respect...

Boots 05-27-2011 11:38 AM

Re: Should Ballmer Go?
 
On Fri, 27 May 2011 17:41:01 +1200, Squiggle wrote:

> On 27/05/2011 4:14 p.m., Lawrence D'Oliveiro threw some characters down
> the intarwebs:
>> Microsoft’s share price has been in long-term decline the past decade
>> (since about the time Ballmer took over). Should they get a new CEO?

>
> Are you a microsoft shareholder? No? Are you a microsoft customer or
> employee? No? Then what concern of is it of yours?


Everyone who's ever purchased a fully assembled ready-to-go computer in
the last 20 years is a Microsoft customer.


--
"Filtering the Internet is like trying to boil the ocean"

Lawrence D'Oliveiro 05-27-2011 12:17 PM

Re: Should Ballmer Go?
 
In message <iro1pj$d9b$2@dont-email.me>, Squiggle wrote:

> On 27/05/2011 11:08 p.m., Lawrence D'Oliveiro threw some characters down
> the intarwebs:
>
>> In message <irndhf$2fc$1@dont-email.me>, Squiggle wrote:
>>
>>> On 27/05/2011 4:14 p.m., Lawrence D'Oliveiro threw some characters down
>>> the intarwebs:
>>>
>>>> Microsoft’s share price has been in long-term decline the past decade
>>>> (since about the time Ballmer took over). Should they get a new CEO?
>>>
>>> Are you a microsoft shareholder? No? Are you a microsoft customer or
>>> employee? No? Then what concern of is it of yours?

>>
>> You mean am I qualified to tell you to STFU?
>>
>> Yes.

>
> But you are also wielding zero authority, and demand a similar amount of
> respect...


You asked a question, I gave you the answer. If you weren’t going to pay
attention to the answer, why did you ask the question?

David Empson 05-27-2011 01:14 PM

Re: Should Ballmer Go?
 
Boots <boots.made@for.walking.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 27 May 2011 17:41:01 +1200, Squiggle wrote:
>
> > On 27/05/2011 4:14 p.m., Lawrence D'Oliveiro threw some characters down
> > the intarwebs:
> >> Microsoft's share price has been in long-term decline the past decade
> >> (since about the time Ballmer took over). Should they get a new CEO?

> >
> > Are you a microsoft shareholder? No? Are you a microsoft customer or
> > employee? No? Then what concern of is it of yours?

>
> Everyone who's ever purchased a fully assembled ready-to-go computer in
> the last 20 years is a Microsoft customer.


Except anyone who didn't buy a computer with Windows or MS-DOS
preinstalled. Such as a Macintosh. Or a PC with Linux preinstalled (rare
but some manufacturers offered this).

--
David Empson
dempson@actrix.gen.nz

Lawrence D'Oliveiro 05-27-2011 10:55 PM

Re: Should Ballmer Go?
 
In message <1k1ydva.191zwyzeo2fsqN%dempson@actrix.gen.nz>, David Empson
wrote:

> Except anyone who didn't buy a computer with Windows or MS-DOS
> preinstalled. Such as a Macintosh. Or a PC with Linux preinstalled (rare
> but some manufacturers offered this).


Of the four non-Apple PCs I have bought, one had Xandros preinstalled,
another came with a couple of Mandrake 9.2 CDs in the box (that was a while
ago), and the other two came with no OS at all.

Boots 05-28-2011 12:00 AM

Re: Should Ballmer Go?
 
On Sat, 28 May 2011 10:55:27 +1200, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:

> Of the four non-Apple PCs I have bought, one had Xandros preinstalled,
> another came with a couple of Mandrake 9.2 CDs in the box (that was a
> while ago), and the other two came with no OS at all.


And where did you purchase them from? Noel Leemings?

How representative of the general population would you suggest your
pattern of purchases is?


--
"Filtering the Internet is like trying to boil the ocean"


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:15 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®. Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.