Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: Java Developer (Junior) (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t748650-re-java-developer-junior.html)

SoulSpirit 05-19-2011 10:10 PM

Re: Java Developer (Junior)

On Wednesday, May 18, 2011 5:30:35 PM UTC+2, Jerome jjcpl.rpo wrote:
> Java Developer (Junior)

[...]

If you define this as a "junior" profile, I'm scared to ask what you'd expect from an experienced developer!
Perhaps things works different in USA than here in Europe but, hey!.. many developers in here would never reach such experience in their entire life!

--
SoulSpirit

Arved Sandstrom 05-19-2011 11:13 PM

Re: Java Developer (Junior)

On 11-05-19 07:10 PM, SoulSpirit wrote:
> On Wednesday, May 18, 2011 5:30:35 PM UTC+2, Jerome jjcpl.rpo wrote:
>> Java Developer (Junior)

> [...]
>
> If you define this as a "junior" profile, I'm scared to ask what you'd expect from an experienced developer!
> Perhaps things works different in USA than here in Europe but, hey!.. many developers in here would never reach such experience in their entire life!

No "junior" developers anywhere on the planet have that kind of experience.

What buddy's really looking for is a senior (quite senior) developer
who's willing to be paid like ****. "Junior" == miserable compensation.

AHS

Lawrence D'Oliveiro 05-20-2011 10:39 AM

Re: Java Developer (Junior)

In message
<db26872f-353f-472d-b490-33a56b55d3bb@glegroupsg2000goo.googlegroups.com>,
SoulSpirit wrote:

> If you define this as a "junior" profile, I'm scared to ask what you'd
> expect from an experienced developer!

It seems to be quite common for HR drones to demand impossible
qualifications, like 3 years’ experience in some technology that’s only been
available for 2 years.

Maybe it’s their way of making you feel like they’re doing you a special
favour by even considering your application for the job.

Lew 05-20-2011 11:18 AM

Re: Java Developer (Junior)

On 05/20/2011 06:39 AM, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
> In message
> <db26872f-353f-472d-b490-33a56b55d3bb@glegroupsg2000goo.googlegroups.com>,
> SoulSpirit wrote:
>
>> If you define this as a "junior" profile, I'm scared to ask what you'd
>> expect from an experienced developer!

> It seems to be quite common for HR drones to demand impossible
> qualifications, like 3 years’ experience in some technology that’s only been
> available for 2 years.
>
> Maybe it’s their way of making you feel like they’re doing you a special
> favour by even considering your application for the job.

You get, for example, very bright programmers from India like more than one
friend of mine who travel to the U.K. or the U.S. or some supposed gold-paved
haven for developers, who then are virtually imprisoned at ridiculously low
pay and long hours under threat of deportment. Schmucks like the spammer here
are evil exploiters and should be flensed.

--
Lew
Honi soit qui mal y pense.

Lew 05-20-2011 04:41 PM

Re: Java Developer (Junior)

On 05/19/2011 06:10 PM, SoulSpirit wrote:
> On Wednesday, May 18, 2011 5:30:35 PM UTC+2, Jerome jjcpl.rpo wrote:
>> Java Developer (Junior)

> [...]
>
> If you define this as a "junior" profile, I'm scared to ask what you'd expect from an experienced developer!
> Perhaps things works different in USA than here in Europe but, hey!.. many developers in here would never reach such experience in their entire life!

You might be interested to discover that the Google Groups interface you used
for your Usenet post has some major flaws. Primarily, it separated your
response from the conversational thread to which you replied. This has the
unfortunate effect of removing all context and comprehensibility from your
post. It's really not a constructive or helpful product for Usenet posts.

Please do not use that particular Google Groups mode to respond to Usenet
posts. Google around for the many other fine newsgroup agents (clients) that
are available.

--
Lew
Honi soit qui mal y pense.