Velocity Reviews

-   General Computer Support (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f44-general-computer-support.html)
-   -   Crashing Help... (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t747274-crashing-help.html)

Roszara 04-23-2011 03:00 AM

Crashing Help...

I recently downloaded a new game from Steam, but it won't work. Whenever I get to the loading screen (not even started the game) my computer goes blue screen and restarts. When I log back on it says "Windows has recovered from a serious error..." and this is the information:

BCCode : 1000007f BCP1 : 00000008 BCP2 : BA330D70 BCP3 : 00000000 BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 3_0 Product : 256_1

I have no idea what this means. My other games seem to work fine; I've even uninstalled and redownloaded the game. It still happens. I've had problems with my computer crashing before, but it seemed to be random and started working again if I gave it some time. It restarts every time I run this game at the same place and I don't know what is wrong or how to fix it. My computer is a Dell Vostro 1720 and if any more information is needed please ask.
I've updated my virus protection, ran a memory test and neither worked. :'( I really don't know what to do beyond that.