Velocity Reviews

-   -   PSU, mother board or other? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t747224-psu-mother-board-or-other.html)

zero_zero_one 04-21-2011 08:56 PM

PSU, mother board or other?

The green "power supply light" at the back of the PSU is out. from what I've read, that's an indication that the power supply is toast and I should replace it.

but, when unplugged from the computer (and plugged back into the wall) the power supply light comes on! I tried various cables, and the one that's causing it not to light up when it's plugged in is one of the 2 going into the motherboard, the thick rectangular one, not the small square one.

I tried removing the RAM & the NIC, and that didn't help. I think the graphics card is build in, and there's not much left to remove. So, what's the verdict, is the Mother board toast?