Velocity Reviews

-   -   Forms Authentication and HTML pages (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t74684-forms-authentication-and-html-pages.html)

John 03-04-2004 05:16 PM

Forms Authentication and HTML pages

I am using forms authentication for a website. I plan to use some static
html pages (generated with a tool) on the site as well. I would like the
html pages to be secured using the forms authentication.

Currently the html pages can be called and they will bypass the forms
authentication page.

Does anyone know if html pages can be secured with forms based
authentication? Is there a web.config setting for this?

John

Teemu Keiski 03-04-2004 07:38 PM

Re: Forms Authentication and HTML pages

Hi,

you would need to put HTML pages to be served by ASP.NET. This goes via
site's configuration in IIS by associating .html extension with
aspnet_isapi.dll. After that you can specify permissions for them as you
would for normal ASP.NEt page.

--
Teemu Keiski

rizwan328 07-12-2007 06:10 AM

Forms Authentication and HTML pages

Yes it's working absolutely fine.

Thanks Teemu

Regards,
Muhammad Rizwan Javed
Software Engineer
MechTechnologies, Lahore Pakistan

msamarnath 12-20-2007 04:51 AM

Hello rizwan,

Can you please explain how did you set the permissions and where? I am also facing the similar problem.

As Teemu said, I added .html extension with aspnet_isapi.dll in the Virtual directory configuration settings. But i didnt understand how to set the persmissions.

Thanks in Advance.