Velocity Reviews

-   -   Connect to database from C++? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t745511-connect-to-database-from-c.html)

Rune Allnor 03-22-2011 08:20 AM

Connect to database from C++?

Hi all.

I'd like to connect to a database, using an ODBC connection,
from a C++ application.

What options do I have, sticking with standard C++ as long
as possible?

I know how to do his through the Qt library, but that's
unavailable at this particular system.

Rune

Michael Doubez 03-22-2011 08:43 AM

Re: Connect to database from C++?

On 22 mar, 09:20, Rune Allnor <all...@tele.ntnu.no> wrote:
> I'd like to connect to a database, using an ODBC connection,
> from a C++ application.
>
> What options do I have, sticking with standard C++ as long
> as possible?

There is the SOCI project which is released under boost license and is
rather standard C++/Boost friendly.
But the ODBC backend is not officially maintained:
http://soci.sourceforge.net/

--
Michael

Goran 03-22-2011 10:29 AM

On Mar 22, 9:20*am, Rune Allnor <all...@tele.ntnu.no> wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> I'd like to connect to a database, using an ODBC connection,
> from a C++ application.
>
> What options do I have, sticking with standard C++ as long
> as possible?
>
> I know how to do his through the Qt library, but that's
> unavailable at this particular system.

iODBC, perhaps? (http://www.iodbc.org). But you'll still need database
driver for your system and database.

Goran.