Velocity Reviews

-   -   How do I get Thunderbird to use the same mail folders (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t745254-how-do-i-get-thunderbird-to-use-the-same-mail-folders.html)

jw@myplace.com 03-17-2011 01:08 AM

How do I get Thunderbird to use the same mail folders

I have Two operating systems on the same computer. Win98 and Win2000.
I have always used 98 for the internet connection but I now have the
dialup set for both. I have Thunderbird setup in Win98. I clicked on
the same installation of it from Win2000 and it wants me to setup new
email connections. I want BOTH to use the same email folders. If I
have to duplicate I'll be completely confused which installation is
using which email folder. What's the trick to getting both to work on
either OS?

Yes, I know I'm using old OSs, I dont need a speech about upgrading.
I have no intention of using XP or ANY newer MS bloatware.

Thanks

jw@myplace.com 03-18-2011 10:01 AM

Re: How do I get Thunderbird to use the same mail folders

On Thu, 17 Mar 2011 20:09:06 +1300, Ralph Fox <-rf-nz-@-.invalid>
wrote:

>On Wed, 16 Mar 2011 19:08:06 -0600, in message news:oan2o6djfgf7tmguck0tujikiifvtb760u@4ax.com
>jw@myplace.com wrote:
>
>> I have Two operating systems on the same computer. Win98 and Win2000.
>> I have always used 98 for the internet connection but I now have the
>> dialup set for both. I have Thunderbird setup in Win98. I clicked on
>> the same installation of it from Win2000 and it wants me to setup new
>> email connections. I want BOTH to use the same email folders. If I
>> have to duplicate I'll be completely confused which installation is
>> using which email folder. What's the trick to getting both to work on
>> either OS?

>See "http://kb.mozillazine.org/Thunderbird_:_FAQs_:_Changing_Profile_Folder_Locat ion#Firefox_Thunderbird_and_SeaMonkey_2"
>
>As step 2 says, for your purpose you will be skipping step 2.

Thanks for the help. I knew there had to be a way to do it.