Velocity Reviews

-   -   pip install, permission problem (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t745233-pip-install-permission-problem.html)

Jabba Laci 03-16-2011 06:58 PM

pip install, permission problem

Hi,

I'm trying to install a pypi package with pip. The installation is
done, but the permissions are not set correctly, thus I cannot import
it as a normal user.
Example:
sudo pip install termcolor
/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/termcolor.py is created with
permissions 600

I can post-correct it manually, but there is something wrong going on
here... I have a hint but I'm not sure: as a normal user, I have
"umask 077" in my .bashrc. When I do sudo, maybe this setting is
inherited? But even if it's the case, pip install should change the
permissions correctly IMO.

Laszlo