Velocity Reviews

-   -   Just finished reading of "What’s New In Python 3.0" (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t744924-just-finished-reading-of-what-s-new-in-python-3-0-a.html)

n00m 03-11-2011 01:58 AM

Just finished reading of "What’s New In Python 3.0"

http://docs.python.org/py3k/whatsnew/3.0.html

What's the fuss abt it? Imo all is ***OK*** with 3k (in the parts I
understand).
I even liked print as a function **more** than print as a stmt

Now I think that Py3k is better than all prev pythons and cobras.

alex23 03-11-2011 02:05 AM

Re: Just finished reading of "What’s New In Python 3.0"

On Mar 11, 11:58*am, n00m <n...@narod.ru> wrote:
> http://docs.python.org/py3k/whatsnew/3.0.html
>
> What's the fuss abt it? Imo all is ***OK*** with 3k (in the parts I
> understand).
> I even liked print as a function **more** than print as a stmt
>
> Now I think that Py3k is better than all prev pythons and cobras.

So are you a troll or just incredibly fickle? It's barely been two
weeks since your proud proclamation that Python 2.5 was BEST PYTHON
EVAR and that "Python 3 is a tempor. lapse of reason":

http://groups.google.com/group/comp....c656df2353738#

MRAB 03-11-2011 02:24 AM

On 11/03/2011 02:05, alex23 wrote:
> On Mar 11, 11:58 am, n00m<n...@narod.ru> wrote:
>> http://docs.python.org/py3k/whatsnew/3.0.html
>>
>> What's the fuss abt it? Imo all is ***OK*** with 3k (in the parts I
>> understand).
>> I even liked print as a function **more** than print as a stmt
>>
>> Now I think that Py3k is better than all prev pythons and cobras.

> So are you a troll or just incredibly fickle? It's barely been two
> weeks since your proud proclamation that Python 2.5 was BEST PYTHON
> EVAR and that "Python 3 is a tempor. lapse of reason":
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/comp....c656df2353738#

He's come to his senses. :-)

n00m 03-11-2011 02:49 AM

On Mar 11, 4:05*am, alex23 <wuwe...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mar 11, 11:58*am, n00m <n...@narod.ru> wrote:
>
> >http://docs.python.org/py3k/whatsnew/3.0.html

> > What's the fuss abt it? Imo all is ***OK*** with 3k (in the parts I
> > understand).
> > I even liked print as a function **more** than print as a stmt

> > Now I think that Py3k is better than all prev pythons and cobras.

> So are you a troll or just incredibly fickle? It's barely been two
> weeks since your proud proclamation that Python 2.5 was BEST PYTHON
> EVAR and that "Python 3 is a tempor. lapse of reason":
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/comp....frm/thread/76e...

The latter ("incredibly fickle").
Moreover I'm often able to keep in mind 2 (or more) opposite ideas or
opinions of mine.
But I am not a troll by any means. It's out of my interests.

Terry Reedy 03-11-2011 05:45 AM

On 3/10/2011 8:58 PM, n00m wrote:
> http://docs.python.org/py3k/whatsnew/3.0.html
>
> What's the fuss abt it? Imo all is ***OK*** with 3k (in the parts I
> understand).
> I even liked print as a function **more** than print as a stmt
>
> Now I think that Py3k is better than all prev pythons and cobras.

I agree ;-). Now read What's New for 3.1 and 3.2 and load and use 3.2
with numberous fixes and improvements to doc and code. 3.3 will be
better yet.

--
Terry Jan Reedy

n00m 03-11-2011 06:10 AM

On Mar 11, 7:45*am, Terry Reedy <tjre...@udel.edu> wrote:
> On 3/10/2011 8:58 PM, n00m wrote:
>
> >http://docs.python.org/py3k/whatsnew/3.0.html

> > What's the fuss abt it? Imo all is ***OK*** with 3k (in the parts I
> > understand).
> > I even liked print as a function **more** than print as a stmt

> > Now I think that Py3k is better than all prev pythons and cobras.

> I agree ;-). Now read What's New for 3.1 and 3.2 and load and use 3.2
> with numberous fixes and improvements to doc and code. 3.3 will be
> better yet.
>
> --
> Terry Jan Reedy

I'm still keeping opened in FF tab "What’s New In Python 3.0" :)
5 cups of coffee. None wiser. I wonder why am I so unluckily stupid?

Grigory Javadyan 03-11-2011 06:35 AM

Re: Just finished reading of "What’s New In Python 3.0"

> Moreover I'm often able to keep in mind 2 (or more) opposite ideas or
> opinions of mine.

"""
To know and not to know, to be conscious of complete truthfulness
while telling carefully constructed lies, to hold simultaneously two
opinions which cancelled out, knowing them to be contradictory and
believing in both of them, to use logic against logic, to repudiate
morality while laying claim to it, to believe that democracy was
impossible and that the Party was the guardian of democracy...
"""

n00m 03-11-2011 07:12 AM

Re: Just finished reading of "What’s New In Python 3.0"

On Mar 11, 8:35*am, Grigory Javadyan <grigory.javad...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> > Moreover I'm often able to keep in mind 2 (or more) opposite ideas or
> > opinions of mine.

> """
> To know and not to know, to be conscious of complete truthfulness
> while telling carefully constructed lies, to hold simultaneously two
> opinions which cancelled out, knowing them to be contradictory and
> believing in both of them, to use logic against logic, to repudiate
> morality while laying claim to it, to believe that democracy was
> impossible and that the Party was the guardian of democracy...
> """

================
The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two
opposed
ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to
function.
================

--- F. Scott
Fitzgerald

================

n00m 03-11-2011 07:59 AM

Re: Just finished reading of "What’s New In Python 3.0"

Fitzgerald had been an alcoholic since his college days, and became
notorious during the 1920s for his extraordinarily heavy drinking,
leaving him in poor health by the late 1930s. According to Zelda's
biographer, Nancy Milford, Scott claimed that he had contracted
tuberculosis, but Milford dismisses it as a pretext to cover his
drinking problems. However, Fitzgerald scholar Matthew J. Bruccoli
contends that Fitzgerald did in fact have recurring tuberculosis, and
Nancy Milford reports that Fitzgerald biographer Arthur Mizener said
that Scott suffered a mild attack of tuberculosis in 1919, and in 1929
he had "what proved to be a tubercular hemorrhage". It has been said
that the hemorrhage was caused by bleeding from esophageal varices.

Westley Martínez 03-11-2011 02:30 PM

On Thu, 2011-03-10 at 17:58 -0800, n00m wrote:
> http://docs.python.org/py3k/whatsnew/3.0.html
>
> What's the fuss abt it? Imo all is ***OK*** with 3k (in the parts I
> understand).
> I even liked print as a function **more** than print as a stmt
>
> Now I think that Py3k is better than all prev pythons and cobras.

n00m: GET A BLOG.