Velocity Reviews

-   -   Intel 510 Series 250GB SSDs Reviewed in RAID 0 (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t744851-intel-510-series-250gb-ssds-reviewed-in-raid-0-a.html)

Ian 03-09-2011 05:36 PM

Intel 510 Series 250GB SSDs Reviewed in RAID 0

Intel really kicked the SSD world in high gear when they released their X-25 series of drives last year. Their performance was the benchmark that all other drives were measured against for quite some time. Many have wondered what Intel would bring to the table in 2011:

Quote:

So how did Intel do this round? Very good actually. Having used a few of the Marvell controlled drives before, we had an idea of what to expect although we knew that Intel was bringing their own firmware. Obviously, they brought their 'A' game when they designed the firmware because their 510 Series performed better than any Marvell drive we have tested. If this is just a mid-level product until their own high-end controller is ready for action, we can't wait to see what that's going to give us in terms of performance...
Read the review here.