Velocity Reviews

-   -   So who is conceiling the sensor size of the P&S? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t744448-so-who-is-conceiling-the-sensor-size-of-the-p-and-s.html)

RichA 03-02-2011 10:00 PM

So who is conceiling the sensor size of the P&S?

Olympus or Dpreview? Everyone knows the 1/2.3" sensor size is
worthless, especially when you are wringing 16 megapixels out of it!!
Is that why didn't they publish it in this specification list?

http://dpreview.com/news/1103/110302...30mr.asp#specs

ray 03-02-2011 11:10 PM

Re: So who is conceiling the sensor size of the P&S?

On Wed, 02 Mar 2011 14:00:32 -0800, RichA wrote:

> Olympus or Dpreview? Everyone knows the 1/2.3" sensor size is
> worthless, especially when you are wringing 16 megapixels out of it!! Is
> that why didn't they publish it in this specification list?
>
> http://dpreview.com/news/1103/110302...30mr.asp#specs

No 'clew' - but I'd be interested what the 'ceiling' has to do with
anything.

Rich 03-03-2011 05:10 AM

On Mar 2, 6:10*pm, ray <r...@zianet.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 02 Mar 2011 14:00:32 -0800, RichA wrote:
> > Olympus or Dpreview? *Everyone knows the 1/2.3" sensor size is
> > worthless, especially when you are wringing 16 megapixels out of it!! Is
> > that why didn't they publish it in this specification list?

> >http://dpreview.com/news/1103/110302...30mr.asp#specs

> No 'clew' - but I'd be interested what the 'ceiling' has to do with
> anything.

Net-nanny alert!

Robert Coe 03-05-2011 08:43 PM

:
: > Olympus or Dpreview? Everyone knows the 1/2.3" sensor size
: > is worthless, especially when you are wringing 16 megapixels
: > out of it!! Is that why didn't they publish it in this
: > specification list?
: >
: > http://dpreview.com/news/1103/110302...30mr.asp#specs
:
: No 'clew' - but I'd be interested what the 'ceiling' has to do
: with anything.

At least you have to give Rich *some* credit: he remembered that it's "i"
before "e" except after "c".

Bob