Velocity Reviews

-   -   Problem while reading excel file with mix datatypes (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t74444-problem-while-reading-excel-file-with-mix-datatypes.html)

=?Utf-8?B?UGF1cmF2aQ==?= 03-02-2004 11:56 AM

Problem while reading excel file with mix datatypes

Hii

I am reading one excel file that has one column with numbers and text in it

I am reading excel file using oledb with connection string a

Dim strConn As String = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;" &
"Data Source=" & fileName & "; Extended Properties=Excel 8.0;

now using DataReader i m reading one column that has data a
0.03,0.04,aa,0.0

But while printing i m not getting value "aa"...Why So

Kindly help me to solve thi

Thank
Pauravi

Alvin Bruney [MVP] 03-04-2004 03:11 AM

Re: Problem while reading excel file with mix datatypes

Your post went unanswered. Have you resolved this issue?

--
Regards,
Alvin Bruney [ASP.NET MVP]