Velocity Reviews

-   -   Stupid eclipse/android question (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t744321-stupid-eclipse-android-question.html)

Dirk Bruere at NeoPax 02-28-2011 05:36 PM

Stupid eclipse/android question

I enter a debugging session, but I don't know how to get out of it.
The only options I can see are suspend and resume???

--
Dirk

http://www.neopax.com/technomage/ - My new book - Magick and Technology

Stefan Ram 02-28-2011 06:05 PM

Re: Stupid eclipse/android question

Dirk Bruere at NeoPax <dirk.bruere@gmail.com> writes:
>I enter a debugging session, but I don't know how to get out of it.
>The only options I can see are suspend and resume???

Do you want to change the perspective back from the
debug perspective to the Java perspective?

Dirk Bruere at NeoPax 02-28-2011 06:39 PM

On 28/02/2011 18:05, Stefan Ram wrote:
> Dirk Bruere at NeoPax<dirk.bruere@gmail.com> writes:
>> I enter a debugging session, but I don't know how to get out of it.
>> The only options I can see are suspend and resume???

> Do you want to change the perspective back from the
> debug perspective to the Java perspective?

I want to get out of debug and just run the program again.
The only way I can do that at present is to kill the emulator and do a
new build. Changing perspectives is not a problem.

Stefan Ram 02-28-2011 07:05 PM

Re: Stupid eclipse/android question

Dirk Bruere at NeoPax <dirk.bruere@gmail.com> writes:
>I want to get out of debug and just run the program again.
>The only way I can do that at present is to kill the emulator and do a
>new build. Changing perspectives is not a problem.

IIRC, Eclipse has a button with a red square to stop a process.

http://www.my28msec.com/images/suppo...n_project8.png

The red button in the debug perspective:

http://musarra.files.wordpress.com/2...psedebug_b.png

Screamin Lord Byron 02-28-2011 07:26 PM

On 28.02.2011 20:05, Stefan Ram wrote:
> Dirk Bruere at NeoPax <dirk.bruere@gmail.com> writes:
>> I want to get out of debug and just run the program again.
>> The only way I can do that at present is to kill the emulator and do a
>> new build. Changing perspectives is not a problem.

> IIRC, Eclipse has a button with a red square to stop a process.
>
> http://www.my28msec.com/images/suppo...n_project8.png
>
> The red button in the debug perspective:
>
> http://musarra.files.wordpress.com/2...psedebug_b.png

But be sure to first choose "ApplicationName [Android Application]" item
in the debug window. If you choose anything else, the red button will be
disabled.

Dirk Bruere at NeoPax 02-28-2011 08:14 PM

On 28/02/2011 19:26, Screamin Lord Byron wrote:
> On 28.02.2011 20:05, Stefan Ram wrote:
>> Dirk Bruere at NeoPax<dirk.bruere@gmail.com> writes:
>>> I want to get out of debug and just run the program again.
>>> The only way I can do that at present is to kill the emulator and do a
>>> new build. Changing perspectives is not a problem.

>> IIRC, Eclipse has a button with a red square to stop a process.
>>
>> http://www.my28msec.com/images/suppo...n_project8.png
>>
>> The red button in the debug perspective:
>>
>> http://musarra.files.wordpress.com/2...psedebug_b.png

> But be sure to first choose "ApplicationName [Android Application]" item
> in the debug window. If you choose anything else, the red button will be
> disabled.

Thanks all.
I've got a red zigzag saying "Disconnect" that seems to work

Daniele Futtorovic 02-28-2011 08:29 PM

On 28/02/2011 21:14, Dirk Bruere at NeoPax allegedly wrote:
> On 28/02/2011 19:26, Screamin Lord Byron wrote:
>>>
>>> IIRC, Eclipse has a button with a red square to stop a process.
>>>
>>> http://www.my28msec.com/images/suppo...n_project8.png
>>>

>>> The red button in the debug perspective:
>>>
>>> http://musarra.files.wordpress.com/2...psedebug_b.png
>>>

>> But be sure to first choose "ApplicationName [Android Application]" item
>> in the debug window. If you choose anything else, the red button will be
>> disabled.

> Thanks all.
> I've got a red zigzag saying "Disconnect" that seems to work

Please don't tell me you pressed the red button.

Oh shi-

Dirk Bruere at NeoPax 02-28-2011 08:32 PM

On 28/02/2011 20:29, Daniele Futtorovic wrote:
> On 28/02/2011 21:14, Dirk Bruere at NeoPax allegedly wrote:

>>> But be sure to first choose "ApplicationName [Android Application]" item
>>> in the debug window. If you choose anything else, the red button will be
>>> disabled.

>> Thanks all.
>> I've got a red zigzag saying "Disconnect" that seems to work
>>

> Please don't tell me you pressed the red button.
>
> Oh shi-

The one that said "Do Not Press"?
Er... no.
Of course not.

Stefan Ram 02-28-2011 08:42 PM

Re: Stupid eclipse/android question

Dirk Bruere at NeoPax <dirk.bruere@gmail.com> writes:
>On 28/02/2011 20:29, Daniele Futtorovic wrote:
>> Please don't tell me you pressed the red button.

>The one that said "Do Not Press"?

»You acknowledge that Licensed Software is not designed
or intended for use in the design, construction,
operation or maintenance of any nuclear facility.«

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/j2re-...2-license.html

Dirk Bruere at NeoPax 02-28-2011 08:50 PM

On 28/02/2011 20:42, Stefan Ram wrote:
> Dirk Bruere at NeoPax<dirk.bruere@gmail.com> writes:
>> On 28/02/2011 20:29, Daniele Futtorovic wrote:
>>> Please don't tell me you pressed the red button.

>> The one that said "Do Not Press"?

> »You acknowledge that Licensed Software is not designed
> or intended for use in the design, construction,
> operation or maintenance of any nuclear facility.«
>
> http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/j2re-...2-license.html

****.
Back to Basic for my home nuke then.