Velocity Reviews

Velocity Reviews (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/index.php)
-   Java (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f30-java.html)
-   -   Use Java web start to start application on the command line by thefile name (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t742997-use-java-web-start-to-start-application-on-the-command-line-by-thefile-name.html)

albert kao 02-02-2011 03:34 PM

Use Java web start to start application on the command line by thefile name
 
I can use Java web start to start my Swing GUI application on the
command line by the url:
javaws http://localhost:7001/webstart/myapp/launch.jnlp

How to use Java web start to start my Swing GUI application on the
command line by the file name?
The following ways do not work:
javaws -codebase "" -J-Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket launch.jnlp
javaws -J-Xdebug -J-Xnoagent -J-
Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=n,suspend=y launch.jnlp
javaws -codebase "" -J-Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=n,suspend=n
launch.jnlp
javaws -codebase "" -J-Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=n
launch.jnlp
javaws -codebase "" launch.jnlp
javaws -codebase '' launch.jnlp

The launch.jnlp file is as follows:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<jnlp spec="1.0+" codebase="$$codebase" href="$$name">

<information>
<title>${com.prod.my.myapp.common.client.title}</title>
<vendor>I</vendor>
<homepage href="http://devzone/english/dev%20template/
html_templates/main.asp"/>
<description>${com.prod.my.myapp.common.client.des cription}</
description>
<description kind="short">$
{com.prod.my.myapp.common.client.short_description }</description>
<icon href="$$context/images/chflag.jpg"/>
</information>

<security>
<all-permissions/>
</security>

<resources>

<java version="1.6.0_05" href="http://java.sun.com/products/autodl/
j2se" max-heap-size="256m"/>

<!-- myapp Application -->
<jar href="myprod.myapp.client.jar"/>
<jar href="myprod.reports.jar"/>

<!-- TR Client jar -->
<jar href="extern.ejb-client.jar"/>

<property name="java.naming.factory.initial"
value="weblogic.jndi.WLInitialContextFactory"/>
<property name="java.naming.provider.url" value="$
{com.prod.my.myapp.common.client.naming_provider}"/>
<property name="weblogic.jndi.enableServerAffinity"
value="true" /

</resources>

<application-desc main-
class="com.prod.my.myapp.common.framework.applicat ionmainwindow.gui.myappAp*
plication"/

</jnlp>

Arne Vajh°j 02-02-2011 05:38 PM

Re: Use Java web start to start application on the command line bythe file name
 
On 02-02-2011 10:34, albert kao wrote:
> I can use Java web start to start my Swing GUI application on the
> command line by the url:
> javaws http://localhost:7001/webstart/myapp/launch.jnlp
>
> How to use Java web start to start my Swing GUI application on the
> command line by the file name?
> The following ways do not work:
> javaws -codebase "" -J-Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket launch.jnlp
> javaws -J-Xdebug -J-Xnoagent -J-
> Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=n,suspend=y launch.jnlp
> javaws -codebase "" -J-Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=n,suspend=n
> launch.jnlp
> javaws -codebase "" -J-Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=n
> launch.jnlp
> javaws -codebase "" launch.jnlp
> javaws -codebase '' launch.jnlp


Try one of:

file://launch.jnlp
file:///C:/somedir/launch.jnlp

Arne

albert kao 02-02-2011 09:09 PM

Re: Use Java web start to start application on the command line bythe file name
 
On Feb 2, 12:38*pm, Arne Vajh°j <a...@vajhoej.dk> wrote:
> On 02-02-2011 10:34, albert kao wrote:
>
>
>
>
>
> > I can use Java web start to start my Swing GUI application on the
> > command line by the url:
> > javawshttp://localhost:7001/webstart/myapp/launch.jnlp

>
> > How to use Java web start to start my Swing GUI application on the
> > command line by the file name?
> > The following ways do not work:
> > javaws -codebase "" -J-Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket launch.jnlp
> > javaws -J-Xdebug -J-Xnoagent -J-
> > Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=n,suspend=y launch.jnlp
> > javaws -codebase "" -J-Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=n,suspend=n
> > launch.jnlp
> > javaws -codebase "" -J-Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=n
> > launch.jnlp
> > javaws -codebase "" *launch.jnlp
> > javaws -codebase '' *launch.jnlp

>
> Try one of:
>
> file://launch.jnlp
> file:///C:/somedir/launch.jnlp
>
> Arne- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -


Both
file://launch.jnlp
file:///C:/somedir/launch.jnlp
will result in the error:
com.sun.deploy.net.FailedDownloadException: Unable to load resource:

javaws -codebase "" launch.jnlp
java.net.MalformedURLException: unknown protocol: c
at java.net.URL.<init>(Unknown Source)
at java.net.URL.<init>(Unknown Source)
at java.net.URL.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Main.parseArgs(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Main.continueInSecureThread(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Main$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

#The following has no error message, but nothing appear on the
computer screen:
javaws -codebase "" -J-Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket launch.jnlp
javaws -J-Xdebug -J-Xnoagent -J-
Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=n,suspend=y launch.jnlp
javaws -codebase "" -J-Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=n,suspend=n
launch.jnlp
javaws -codebase "" -J-Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=n
launch.jnlp

Arne Vajh°j 02-02-2011 11:21 PM

Re: Use Java web start to start application on the command line bythe file name
 
On 02-02-2011 16:09, albert kao wrote:
> On Feb 2, 12:38 pm, Arne Vajh°j<a...@vajhoej.dk> wrote:
>> On 02-02-2011 10:34, albert kao wrote:
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>> I can use Java web start to start my Swing GUI application on the
>>> command line by the url:
>>> javawshttp://localhost:7001/webstart/myapp/launch.jnlp

>>
>>> How to use Java web start to start my Swing GUI application on the
>>> command line by the file name?
>>> The following ways do not work:
>>> javaws -codebase "" -J-Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket launch.jnlp
>>> javaws -J-Xdebug -J-Xnoagent -J-
>>> Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=n,suspend=y launch.jnlp
>>> javaws -codebase "" -J-Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=n,suspend=n
>>> launch.jnlp
>>> javaws -codebase "" -J-Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=n
>>> launch.jnlp
>>> javaws -codebase "" launch.jnlp
>>> javaws -codebase '' launch.jnlp

>>
>> Try one of:
>>
>> file://launch.jnlp
>> file:///C:/somedir/launch.jnlp

>
> Both
> file://launch.jnlp
> file:///C:/somedir/launch.jnlp
> will result in the error:
> com.sun.deploy.net.FailedDownloadException: Unable to load resource:
>
> javaws -codebase "" launch.jnlp
> java.net.MalformedURLException: unknown protocol: c
> at java.net.URL.<init>(Unknown Source)
> at java.net.URL.<init>(Unknown Source)
> at java.net.URL.<init>(Unknown Source)
> at com.sun.javaws.Main.parseArgs(Unknown Source)
> at com.sun.javaws.Main.continueInSecureThread(Unknown Source)
> at com.sun.javaws.Main$1.run(Unknown Source)
> at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)


That lines was not one I suggested.

And where does the c come from for the first of them?

Arne



All times are GMT. The time now is 07:15 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®. Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.