Velocity Reviews

Velocity Reviews (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/index.php)
-   Computer Security (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f38-computer-security.html)
-   -   Anonymous Services - Can We Get A List Going And Feedback? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t742765-anonymous-services-can-we-get-a-list-going-and-feedback.html)

DasFox 01-29-2011 08:01 AM

Anonymous Services - Can We Get A List Going And Feedback?
 
Forget Canada they have to close of ties to the USA and are
practically in bed with them and as far as Germany is concerned,
there's hardly a place in Europe worth trusting too...

Here is about as good of a list as you are going to find. This map is
better, and more up to date. I just wish it gave more information
about why each state received the ranking it did.

https://secure.cryptohippie.com/pubs/EPS-2010.pdf

I've read this before, that doesn't really tell us much from a VPN
standpoint...

Judging from what I've seen and learned over the last 20 years, I'd
take a bet that New Zealand and Iceland as probably two of the better
places to run a VPN from...

THANKS

P.S. Something I just ran across;
http://www.laquadrature.net/en/icela...-communication
--
These are dark times, there is no denying. Our Tech world has perhaps
faced no greater threat than it does today. But I say this to my
citizenry: I, ever your servant, will continue to defend your liberty
and repel the forces that seek to take it from you! I remain, strong.
https://groups.google.com/group/alt....6f94c317a526bd
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.ph...9&postcount=25
Anybody with an internet connection, 5 grand, an iq above room
temperature and basic literacy can grow outstanding cannabis.

DasFox 01-29-2011 04:30 PM

Re: Anonymous Services - Can We Get A List Going And Feedback?
 
On Sat, 29 Jan 2011 03:05:29 -0500, Steve Topletz, Wizard, Operations
Advisor (wink) wrote:

> On Sat, 29 Jan 2011 03:01:33 -0500, DasFox wrote:
>
>> Forget Canada they have to close of ties to the USA and are
>> practically in bed with them and as far as Germany is concerned,
>> there's hardly a place in Europe worth trusting too...
>>
>> Here is about as good of a list as you are going to find. This map is
>> better, and more up to date. I just wish it gave more information
>> about why each state received the ranking it did.
>>
>> https://secure.cryptohippie.com/pubs/EPS-2010.pdf
>>
>> I've read this before, that doesn't really tell us much from a VPN
>> standpoint...
>>
>> Judging from what I've seen and learned over the last 20 years, I'd
>> take a bet that New Zealand and Iceland as probably two of the better
>> places to run a VPN from...
>>
>> THANKS
>>
>> P.S. Something I just ran across;
>> http://www.laquadrature.net/en/icela...-communication

>
> For the least expensive solution for good anonymity, you want a full
> VPN connection, not just a simple SSL proxy. In the interest of full
> disclosure, I am an *advisor* for XeroBank, and that is how I know
> where the holes are, and who the good competitors are.
>
> <multiple Wilders winkers ;)>
>
> Sign up for Xerobank is my grail.


Xerobank is ****...or shite for Brits...
--
THANKS
--
These are dark times, there is no denying. Our Tech world has perhaps
faced no greater threat than it does today. But I say this to my
citizenry: I, ever your servant, will continue to defend your liberty
and repel the forces that seek to take it from you! I remain, strong.
https://groups.google.com/group/alt....6f94c317a526bd
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.ph...9&postcount=25
Anybody with an internet connection, 5 grand, an iq above room
temperature and basic literacy can grow outstanding cannabis.

DasFox 01-29-2011 04:33 PM

Re: Anonymous Services - Can We Get A List Going And Feedback?
 
On Sat, 29 Jan 2011 07:41:01 -0800, David E. Ross wrote:

> On 1/29/11 12:01 AM, DasFox wrote:
>> Forget Canada they have to close of ties to the USA and are
>> practically in bed with them and as far as Germany is concerned,
>> there's hardly a place in Europe worth trusting too...
>>
>> Here is about as good of a list as you are going to find. This map is
>> better, and more up to date. I just wish it gave more information
>> about why each state received the ranking it did.
>>
>> https://secure.cryptohippie.com/pubs/EPS-2010.pdf
>>
>> I've read this before, that doesn't really tell us much from a VPN
>> standpoint...
>>
>> Judging from what I've seen and learned over the last 20 years, I'd
>> take a bet that New Zealand and Iceland as probably two of the better
>> places to run a VPN from...
>>
>> THANKS
>>
>> P.S. Something I just ran across;
>> http://www.laquadrature.net/en/icela...-communication

>
> For anonymous E-mail, consider using an anonymous remailer application
> such as Jack B. Nymble and any set of the remailers at
> alt.privacy.anon-server.stats.


Good Tech but HARD Tech...add Tor...tough for noobs...

Still worthy of mention...

THANKS
--
These are dark times, there is no denying. Our Tech world has perhaps
faced no greater threat than it does today. But I say this to my
citizenry: I, ever your servant, will continue to defend your liberty
and repel the forces that seek to take it from you! I remain, strong.
https://groups.google.com/group/alt....6f94c317a526bd
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.ph...9&postcount=25
Anybody with an internet connection, 5 grand, an iq above room
temperature and basic literacy can grow outstanding cannabis.

Ari Silverstein 01-29-2011 05:05 PM

Re: Anonymous Services - Can We Get A List Going And Feedback?
 
On Sat, 29 Jan 2011 03:05:29 -0500, Steve Topletz, Wizard, Operations
Advisor (wink) wrote:

> For the least expensive solution for good anonymity, you want a full
> VPN connection, not just a simple SSL proxy. In the interest of full
> disclosure, I am an *advisor* for XeroBank, and that is how I know
> where the holes are, and who the good competitors are.


Thanks, Whizzard, next time we need to know where the ittle boys
reside, will know who to call.

AssBuster (Topletz).

> <multiple Wilders winkers ;)>
>
> Sign up for Xerobank is my grail.


From which you drink deep...into any ****ing moron's purse who would
pay you a lousy shekel.
--
ŽIf you give me six lines written by the hand of the most honest of
men, I will find something in them which will hang him.¡ ~Cardinal
Richelieu

DasFox 01-29-2011 05:10 PM

Re: Anonymous Services - Can We Get A List Going And Feedback?
 
On Sat, 29 Jan 2011 12:05:00 -0500, Ari Silverstein wrote:

> On Sat, 29 Jan 2011 03:05:29 -0500, Steve Topletz, Wizard, Operations
> Advisor (wink) wrote:
>
>> For the least expensive solution for good anonymity, you want a full
>> VPN connection, not just a simple SSL proxy. In the interest of full
>> disclosure, I am an *advisor* for XeroBank, and that is how I know
>> where the holes are, and who the good competitors are.

>
> Thanks, Whizzard, next time we need to know where the ittle boys
> reside, will know who to call.
>
> AssBuster (Topletz).
>
>> <multiple Wilders winkers ;)>
>>
>> Sign up for Xerobank is my grail.

>
> From which you drink deep...into any ****ing moron's purse who would
> pay you a lousy shekel.


Let's please keep this post alive and on the top...,

There are a lot of people that are into this...

Xerobanks isn't the only service in this entire world offering a
SHITTY VPN service...

EXPOSURE...

THANKS
--
These are dark times, there is no denying. Our Tech world has perhaps
faced no greater threat than it does today. But I say this to my
citizenry: I, ever your servant, will continue to defend your liberty
and repel the forces that seek to take it from you! I remain, strong.
https://groups.google.com/group/alt....6f94c317a526bd
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.ph...9&postcount=25
Anybody with an internet connection, 5 grand, an iq above room
temperature and basic literacy can grow outstanding cannabis.

DasFox 01-29-2011 05:13 PM

Re: Anonymous Services - Can We Get A List Going And Feedback?
 
On Sat, 29 Jan 2011 12:10:47 -0500, DasFox wrote:

> On Sat, 29 Jan 2011 12:05:00 -0500, Ari Silverstein wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 29 Jan 2011 03:05:29 -0500, Steve Topletz, Wizard, Operations
>> Advisor (wink) wrote:
>>
>>> For the least expensive solution for good anonymity, you want a full
>>> VPN connection, not just a simple SSL proxy. In the interest of full
>>> disclosure, I am an *advisor* for XeroBank, and that is how I know
>>> where the holes are, and who the good competitors are.

>>
>> Thanks, Whizzard, next time we need to know where the ittle boys
>> reside, will know who to call.
>>
>> AssBuster (Topletz).
>>
>>> <multiple Wilders winkers ;)>
>>>
>>> Sign up for Xerobank is my grail.

>>
>> From which you drink deep...into any ****ing moron's purse who would
>> pay you a lousy shekel.

>
> Let's please keep this post alive and on the top...,
>
> There are a lot of people that are into this...
>
> Xerobanks isn't the only service in this entire world offering a
> SHITTY VPN service...
>
> EXPOSURE...
>
> THANKS


For the least expensive solution for good anonymity, you want a full
VPN connection, not just a simple SSL proxy...

I would recommend ShadowVPN.com for full VPN ($10/m)...You could also
try SecureTunnel, as they have a solution but it isn't a vpn so your
traffic may leak...

For noobs...I KNOW...What is a FULL VPN...?

THANKS

THANKS

THANKS
--
These are dark times, there is no denying. Our Tech world has perhaps
faced no greater threat than it does today. But I say this to my
citizenry: I, ever your servant, will continue to defend your liberty
and repel the forces that seek to take it from you! I remain, strong.
https://groups.google.com/group/alt....6f94c317a526bd
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.ph...9&postcount=25
Anybody with an internet connection, 5 grand, an iq above room
temperature and basic literacy can grow outstanding cannabis.

Ari Silverstein 01-29-2011 05:24 PM

Re: Anonymous Services - Can We Get A List Going And Feedback?
 
On Sat, 29 Jan 2011 12:18:04 -0500, Steve Topletz, Wizard, Operations
Advisor (wink) wrote:

> Dumbfox, VPN stands virtual private network. What it means is in this
> context is a vpn connection that captures all traffic exiting your
> computer and routes it to the remote network (your "anonymity
> provider" or "proxy provider").
>
> If you would like to be a secret XeroAgent, enroll here ;)
>
> http://dark.ai/


Yeah, he can join your other Mossad connection Amir Szekely, the
prolific Android gamer *rofl*

DasFox 01-29-2011 05:48 PM

Re: Anonymous Services - Can We Get A List Going And Feedback?
 
On Sat, 29 Jan 2011 03:01:33 -0500, DasFox wrote:

> Judging from what I've seen and learned over the last 20 years, I'd
> take a bet that New Zealand and Iceland as probably two of the better
> places to run a VPN from...


As far as the IP goes, of course just because people can see your IP
that doesn't mean they know who you are...

They just know where you come from and you've EXPOSED yourself to
risks...,

Because now with an IP they can target you to see how strong the box
is against attacks...

If you want to protect that box then you protect that IP...SIMPLE...

And make it not so easy to find, this is all I'm going on about when
it comes to Internet security and so on...

Hide the IP, then you're not exposed to internet threats of any types
you can imagine...

I assumed as GEEKS when I talked about this post everyone had a
clue...

As Geeks you should know that if you want to get hacked you expose
your IP and Ports...,

That's all there is to it...when it comes to loosing your privacy and
anonymity and that's the LEVEL I was coming from...

Protecting that privacy and anonymity, PROTECTING THAT IP...!

HIDE THE IP, PROTECT THE PORTS!

Now with this understanding this is why I was looking at using a VPN
to hide my IP behind... for this simple reason of not hacving it so
easily exposed...

THANKS
--
These are dark times, there is no denying. Our Tech world has perhaps
faced no greater threat than it does today. But I say this to my
citizenry: I, ever your servant, will continue to defend your liberty
and repel the forces that seek to take it from you! I remain, strong.
https://groups.google.com/group/alt....6f94c317a526bd
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.ph...9&postcount=25
Anybody with an internet connection, 5 grand, an iq above room
temperature and basic literacy can grow outstanding cannabis.

Ari Silverstein 01-29-2011 06:13 PM

Re: Anonymous Services - Can We Get A List Going And Feedback?
 
On Sat, 29 Jan 2011 12:48:19 -0500, DasFox wrote:

> As far as the IP goes, of course just because people can see your IP
> that doesn't mean they know who you are...
>
> They just know where you come from and you've EXPOSED yourself to
> risks...,
>
> Because now with an IP they can target you to see how strong the box
> is against attacks...
>
> If you want to protect that box then you protect that IP...SIMPLE...
>
> And make it not so easy to find, this is all I'm going on about when
> it comes to Internet security and so on...
>
> Hide the IP, then you're not exposed to internet threats of any types
> you can imagine...
>
> I assumed as GEEKS when I talked about this post everyone had a
> clue...
>
> As Geeks you should know that if you want to get hacked you expose
> your IP and Ports...,
>
> That's all there is to it...when it comes to loosing your privacy and
> anonymity and that's the LEVEL I was coming from...
>
> Protecting that privacy and anonymity, PROTECTING THAT IP...!
>
> HIDE THE IP, PROTECT THE PORTS!
>
> Now with this understanding this is why I was looking at using a VPN
> to hide my IP behind... for this simple reason of not hacving it so
> easily exposed...
>
> THANKS


You repeatedly fail to absorb what several other posters before have
educated you to. Your IP is "out there" on a daily basis by automated
aggressors who attack through IP address after IP address.

Puhleeese, don't throw your usual "no Dynamic IP" tantrum, these
addresses are not unusual in many ISP connections using MAC addresses
to which they validate your account. DSL connections are notorious
for dynamic IP assignment.
--
ŽIf you give me six lines written by the hand of the most honest of
men, I will find something in them which will hang him.¡ ~Cardinal
Richelieu

katio 01-29-2011 06:17 PM

Re: Anonymous Services - Can We Get A List Going And Feedback?
 
On Sat, 29 Jan 2011 12:48:19 -0500, DasFox wrote:

> Hide the IP, then you're not exposed to internet threats of any types
> you can imagine...
>
> I assumed as GEEKS when I talked about this post everyone had a
> clue...
>
> As Geeks you should know that if you want to get hacked you expose
> your IP and Ports...,
>
> That's all there is to it...when it comes to loosing your privacy and
> anonymity and that's the LEVEL I was coming from...
>
> Protecting that privacy and anonymity, PROTECTING THAT IP...!
>
> HIDE THE IP, PROTECT THE PORTS!


Sorry to say this but you got it wrong. That's absolutely not how it
works.

As long as you don't have an IPv6 address there is no point in hiding
one's IP. There's only a limited pool of public IPv4 addresses and
they are constantly hammered by automated attacks, all of them. Even
if that wasn't the case you most likely got a dynamic IP and whoever
had this IP assigned to before probably didn't use a VPN...

Don't keep any services running facing the internet. If you do make
sure you use a strong MAC system, up to date software and preferably
white list allowed IPs. There really isn't much to worry with the
default home setup these days. OSs got good firewall rules ootb and
pretty much everyone uses a router with NAT.

If you come out stealth here with your home IP you are as secure
against these sort of threats as it gets:

http://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2

It's different with targeted attacks but I don't think that's part of
your threat model. If you have one other than "all them out thar", you
stupid git.


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:29 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®. Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.