Velocity Reviews

-   -   Multiple python installations mix their sys.prefix (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t742499-multiple-python-installations-mix-their-sys-prefix.html)

Tech Support Box 01-24-2011 11:28 AM

Multiple python installations mix their sys.prefix

Hi there
I have several versions of python2.4 installed:
- the OS, rpm-installed one in /usr
- Several other versions in /usr/local, installed with --prefix /usr/
local/inst-shared/<version> --exec-prefix /usr/local/inst/<version>

My problem is when starting one of the versions from /usr/local,
sys.prefix is set as "/usr" instead of the compile-time setting "/usr/
local/inst-shared/<version>" and as a result sys.path contains paths
from /usr, which shouldn't be there.

After strace-ing the pythons from /usr/local and the one from /usr, it
seems that python determines sys.prefix by first looking for os.py in
every path component of the interpreter executable and adding "/lib/
python2.4/os.py" to it (i.e. stat()-ing for /usr/local/inst/<version>/
bin/lib/python2.4/os.py, then /usr/local/inst/<version>/lib/python2.4/
os.py and so on) and only after it doesn't find os.py in any one of
those paths does it look at the compile-time PREFIX setting. When
doing this, it finds /usr/lib/python2.4/os.py (which belongs to the
python installed at /usr) and determines that sys.prefix is /usr,
which is wrong.

The only fix I could come up with is setting PYTHONHOME before running
python (which should be set differently for every version, and won't
work in scripts using a shebang line) or moving /usr/lib/python2.4 to
a different location (which is plain ugly). Is there a better way to
make python take its compile-time option of prefix and *not* try to
guess at runtime where it should be?

Thanks.

shrikant kesharwani 01-24-2011 12:19 PM

Re: Multiple python installations mix their sys.prefix

Hi,
I have a web page through this page when I try to add a new user then users created successfully but when try resetting their password then I am getting errors?

add New user successfully

public static void AddUser(ADUser adUser)
{
// Local variables
DirectoryEntry oDE = null;
DirectoryEntry oDENewUser = null;
DirectoryEntries oDEs = null;

try
{
oDE = GetDirectoryEntry(GetADPath(PROD, adUser.UserType));

// 1. Create user account
oDEs = oDE.Children;
oDENewUser = oDEs.Add("CN=" + adUser.UserName, "user");

// 2. Set properties
SetProperty(oDENewUser, "givenName", adUser.FirstName);
SetProperty(oDENewUser, "sn", adUser.LastName);
SetProperty(oDENewUser, "mail", adUser.Email);
SetProperty(oDENewUser, "sAMAccountName", adUser.UserName);
oDENewUser.CommitChanges();

/// 4. Enable account
EnableAccount(oDENewUser);

// 3. Set password
//SetPassword(oDENewUser, adUser.Password);
SetPassword1(oDENewUser.Path, adUser.Password);
oDENewUser.CommitChanges();

oDENewUser.Close();
oDE.Close();
}
catch (Exception ex)
{
throw ex;
}
}
I have try the following 2 SetPassword methods but getting error.
Method 1.
internal static void SetPassword1(string path, string userPassword)
{
//Local variables
DirectoryEntry usr = null;

try
{
usr = new DirectoryEntry();
usr.Path = path;
usr.AuthenticationType = AuthenticationTypes.Secure;
object ret = usr.Invoke("SetPassword", userPassword);
usr.CommitChanges();
usr.Close();
}
catch (Exception ex)
{
throw ex;
}
}
The exception raised (Error Code 80072035: The server is unwilling to process the request)
Method 2.
internal static void SetPassword(DirectoryEntry de, string userPassword)
{
//Local variables
//DirectoryEntry usr = null;
string quotePwd;
byte[] pwdBin;

try
{
quotePwd = String.Format(@"""{0}""", userPassword);
pwdBin = System.Text.Encoding.Unicode.GetBytes(quotePwd);
de.Properties["unicodePwd"].Value = pwdBin;
de.CommitChanges();
//usr.Close();
}
catch (Exception ex)
{
throw ex;
}
}
The exception raised ("Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.")
Is there an easy way to tell if there is a problem with changing a password?
Please reply me as soon as possible.
Thanks.

Submitted via EggHeadCafe
JSONP AJAX and ASP.NET Demystified