Velocity Reviews

-   -   pbxes.org as an alternitive to ring2skype.com (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t742048-pbxes-org-as-an-alternitive-to-ring2skype-com.html)

Graham. 01-14-2011 04:58 PM

pbxes.org as an alternitive to ring2skype.com

I know ring2skype is quite popular, but unfortunately it has not proved 100% reliable, and
having a common number + a three digit extension perhaps isn't ideal for everybody.

I noticed that pbxes.org has quietly introduced skype integration as an outgoing
service, and there is even a suggestion they might provide an incoming service in the future.

So for now we can (say) set up a Sipgate account as a trunk in pbxes, and point
an inbound route to forward calls to a uri in the form skypename@skype

I-P-Tel (pbxes) suggest that any Skype client that is to receive the calls is set to
"allow anyone to call" but my tests show all calls come from skype-user "skype.pbxes.org"
so just adding that user to your contacts works OK.

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Graham. 01-15-2011 12:43 PM

Re: pbxes.org as an alternitive to ring2skype.com

> Sorry to be a simpleton Graham, but could you post brief instructions as
> to how to archive this please?
>
> I have set up a pbxes account and already have a Skype account and
> various SIP addresses but cannot work out, what goes where.
>
> Sorry to be a PITA.

Happy to help!
For this task you only need to configure two screens in pbxes: Trunks and Inbound Route
I've used a Sipgate trunk, others should work.

In Add Trunk : select SIP trunk
fill in:
Trunk name: Anything you want, eg. SIPGATE
user name: 7 digit SIP ID
password: the SIP password, 9 uppercase letters in the case of Sipgate
SIP server or proxy: sipgate.co.uk if you're using Sipgate
click "submit changes" and click the red bar that appears.

Now create an inbound route
New incoming route
Trunk: exactly the same name you gave to the trunk so SIPGATE in this case
Select the SIP URI radio button and put skypename@skype in the adjacent field.
obviously substituting a real skypename. Submit changes & click red bar.

Leave all other options blank or default, give the trunk a while to register, then dial it.

Incidentally the pbxes web interface is similar to that used in Asterisk at Home/Trixbox/
FreePBX.

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

alexd 01-15-2011 05:31 PM

Re: pbxes.org as an alternitive to ring2skype.com

Meanwhile, at the uk.telecom.voip Job Justification Hearings, Nigel chose
the tried and tested strategy of:

> After doing some research i see it is a limit of pbxes .See:-
>
> http://www3.pbxes.com/community_e.php?display=wiki

Not sure if someone's been having a giraffe with the wiki here:

http://www3.pbxes.com/wiki/index.php/FAQ

# You charged me premium rates and cancelled my pro account, did I loose my
# money?

# Yes, there is no way you ever get a refund. We just take your money and do
# not respond to any questions.

--
<http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) (UnSoEsNpEaTm@ale.cx)
17:28:57 up 19 days, 2:25, 6 users, load average: 0.01, 0.13, 0.59

Graham. 01-15-2011 06:39 PM

"Nigel" <dgfh@ndhs.net> wrote in message news:igse49$a5b$1@news.datemas.de...

> After doing some research i see it is a limit of pbxes .See:-

Bugger, that will teach me to read the small print.
Mind you, 3 min is plenty for what I need it for.

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Graham. 01-16-2011 02:01 AM

"Me" <Me@me.com> wrote in message news:tfc4j613hmjqovahpgpjtjgvvr043gtumi@4ax.com...
> Hi Graham,
>
> I followed what you said.
>
> I dialled the trunk number and I had a female voice say "The service
> cannot be connected"
>
> I then substituted another SIP URI that I have and when I rang the trunk
> number, it did indeed ring the phone connected to the new incoming
> route.
>
> I then replaced the SIPURI with myusedID@skppe and again, I got the same
> message as I originally had.
>
> I should also point out that I had previously amended my Skype setting
> to allow calls from anyone.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks again for all your help and patience.

Odd that. Try echo123@skype
if that dosn't work try echo@proxy01.sipphone.com & 166@sip.voipfone.co.uk
let me know how you get on.

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Graham. 01-16-2011 04:30 PM

"Me" <Me@me.com> wrote in message news:a5h5j69j13al0e2gtvhdbimu3f3ffr1k6p@4ax.com...
> On Sun, 16 Jan 2011 02:01:44 -0000, "Graham." <me@privicy.com> wrote:
>

>>"Me" <Me@me.com> wrote in message news:tfc4j613hmjqovahpgpjtjgvvr043gtumi@4ax.com...
>>> Hi Graham,
>>>
>>> I followed what you said.
>>>
>>> I dialled the trunk number and I had a female voice say "The service
>>> cannot be connected"
>>>
>>> I then substituted another SIP URI that I have and when I rang the trunk
>>> number, it did indeed ring the phone connected to the new incoming
>>> route.
>>>
>>> I then replaced the SIPURI with myusedID@skppe and again, I got the same
>>> message as I originally had.
>>>
>>> I should also point out that I had previously amended my Skype setting
>>> to allow calls from anyone.
>>>
>>> Any ideas?
>>>
>>> Thanks again for all your help and patience.

>>Odd that. Try echo123@skype
>>if that dosn't work try echo@proxy01.sipphone.com & 166@sip.voipfone.co.uk
>>let me know how you get on.

> Thanks for the latest advice. I can report that echo123@skype gave me
> the same "The service cannot be connected" message. However, both
> echo@proxy01.sipphone.com & 166@sip.voipfone.co.uk worked fine. The
> echo@proxy01.sipphone.com message said welcome to Gizmo5!
>
> Most peculiar that only Skype seems to be the problem.

It's not working for me now, no announcement, just dead.
Also the Skype user that I added manually to my Skype client (skype.pbxes.org)
is greyed out like it's off-line. Strange this should happen when a few of us begin playing
with it. I don't suppose there could be a connection ;-)

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Graham. 01-17-2011 01:38 AM

"Me" <Me@me.com> wrote in message news:8g76j65mp98objsr0gi7svh6tgovi89fvb@4ax.com...
> On Sun, 16 Jan 2011 16:30:32 -0000, "Graham." <me@privicy.com> wrote:
>
>>It's not working for me now, no announcement, just dead.
>>Also the Skype user that I added manually to my Skype client (skype.pbxes.org)
>>is greyed out like it's off-line. Strange this should happen when a few of us begin playing
>>with it. I don't suppose there could be a connection ;-)

> Well it's good to hear that it wasn't just me I guess!
>
> Thanks again for all your help to date.

FWIW it's working again :-)

--
Graham.