Velocity Reviews

-   -   Floods in OZ (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t741884-floods-in-oz.html)

Robert Coe 01-12-2011 02:42 AM

Floods in OZ

We keep hearing of ever more devastating floods in Queensland, and
particularly around the city of Brisbane. I hope none of our photography
newsgroups' Australian participants are seriously affected. We all realize
that the capricious acts of nature spare neither Nikon nor Canon users.

Bob

A Little Bit 01-12-2011 05:25 AM

Re: Floods in OZ

On Tue, 11 Jan 2011 21:42:01 -0500, Robert Coe <bob@1776.COM> wrote:

> We keep hearing of ever more devastating floods in Queensland, and
> particularly around the city of Brisbane. I hope none of our photography
> newsgroups' Australian participants are seriously affected. We all realize
> that the capricious acts of nature spare neither Nikon nor Canon users.

http://www.facebook.com/photo_search...75737&view=all

And for some live video of the Brisbane River:-

http://www.livestream.com/brisbanefloods

dj_nme 01-12-2011 06:34 AM

Re: Floods in OZ

On 12/01/2011 1:42 PM, Robert Coe wrote:
> We keep hearing of ever more devastating floods in Queensland, and
> particularly around the city of Brisbane. I hope none of our photography
> newsgroups' Australian participants are seriously affected. We all realize
> that the capricious acts of nature spare neither Nikon nor Canon users.
>
> Bob

Pentax and Sony users must be made of special stuff, then? ;)

Bruce 01-12-2011 09:39 AM

Re: Floods in OZ

Robert Coe <bob@1776.COM> wrote:
>We keep hearing of ever more devastating floods in Queensland, and
>particularly around the city of Brisbane. I hope none of our photography
>newsgroups' Australian participants are seriously affected. We all realize
>that the capricious acts of nature spare neither Nikon nor Canon users.

Perhaps the best place to be in Brisbane right now would be on a boat.

Noons 01-12-2011 12:09 PM

Re: Floods in OZ

dj_nme wrote,on my timestamp of 12/01/2011 5:34 PM:

>> We keep hearing of ever more devastating floods in Queensland, and
>> particularly around the city of Brisbane. I hope none of our photography
>> newsgroups' Australian participants are seriously affected. We all realize
>> that the capricious acts of nature spare neither Nikon nor Canon users.

> Pentax and Sony users must be made of special stuff, then? ;)

I've heard some Oly and Pana models can float...

Rich 01-12-2011 01:40 PM

Re: Floods in OZ

On Jan 11, 9:42*pm, Robert Coe <b...@1776.COM> wrote:
> We keep hearing of ever more devastating floods in Queensland, and
> particularly around the city of Brisbane. I hope none of our photography
> newsgroups' Australian participants are seriously affected. We all realize
> that the capricious acts of nature spare neither Nikon nor Canon users.
>
> Bob

Weren't the greenie kooks proclaiming Australia as the next desert not
five years ago?

Whisky-dave 01-12-2011 02:00 PM

Re: Floods in OZ

On Jan 12, 12:09*pm, Noons <wizofo...@yahoo.com.au> wrote:
> dj_nme wrote,on my timestamp of 12/01/2011 5:34 PM:
>
> >> We keep hearing of ever more devastating floods in Queensland, and
> >> particularly around the city of Brisbane. I hope none of our photography
> >> newsgroups' Australian participants are seriously affected. We all realize
> >> that the capricious acts of nature spare neither Nikon nor Canon users..

> > Pentax and Sony users must be made of special stuff, then? ;)

> I've heard some Oly and Pana models can float...

Maybe that's an advantage of plastic cameras ask rich ;-)

Whisky-dave 01-12-2011 02:10 PM

Re: Floods in OZ

On Jan 12, 1:40*pm, Rich <rander3...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 11, 9:42*pm, Robert Coe <b...@1776.COM> wrote:
>
> > We keep hearing of ever more devastating floods in Queensland, and
> > particularly around the city of Brisbane. I hope none of our photography
> > newsgroups' Australian participants are seriously affected. We all realize
> > that the capricious acts of nature spare neither Nikon nor Canon users.

> > Bob

> Weren't the greenie kooks proclaiming Australia as the next desert not
> five years ago?

Well the sahara desert was once fertile. London was tropical 1000s of
years ago.
They'll be saying that australia will win back the ashes soon ;-)

David Ross 01-13-2011 12:10 AM

Re: Floods in OZ

In article
<b2df046a-bde1-48ee-a283-ebd1f067d308@i18g2000yqn.googlegroups.com>,
Whisky-dave <whisky.dave@gmail.com> wrote:

> They'll be saying that australia will win back the ashes soon ;-)

Geez you guys don't appreciate a gift when you get it - you know we just
decided to let you win because its so cold and miserable over there even
in Summer.

David

PS: Note we didn't have to give up our deserts just because of a flood
- we just like a choice about what might kill us