Velocity Reviews

-   -   newbie: socket api (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t741793-newbie-socket-api.html)

Thomas 01-10-2011 04:15 PM

newbie: socket api

Hi there,

is this the right place for socket api programming?

o-o

Thomas

Tom St Denis 01-10-2011 05:21 PM

Re: newbie: socket api

On Jan 10, 11:15*am, Thomas <tok...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> is this the right place for socket api programming?
>
> o-o
>
> Thomas

Nope. Google and man pages are your friends.

Tom

Ben Bacarisse 01-10-2011 05:31 PM

Re: newbie: socket api

Thomas <tokauf@googlemail.com> writes:

> is this the right place for socket api programming?

If you mean POSIX sockets, then comp.unix.programmer is a good place.

--
Ben.

Seebs 01-10-2011 11:58 PM

Re: newbie: socket api

On 2011-01-10, Thomas <tokauf@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi there,

> is this the right place for socket api programming?

Not really. If you mean POSIX socket API, try comp.unix.programmer, if
you want Windows socket API, that's some comp.os group somewhere, etcetera.

-s
--
Copyright 2010, all wrongs reversed. Peter Seebach / usenet-nospam@seebs.net