Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: ORMs for applications written in C (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t741733-re-orms-for-applications-written-in-c.html)

gvk 01-08-2011 06:23 PM

Re: ORMs for applications written in C

I think the post didn't get a notice.

Posting it again to collect some pointers from the members of the newsgroup.

Seebs 01-08-2011 07:01 PM

On 2011-01-08, gvk <gvkalra@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think the post didn't get a notice.

That's because it's off-topic.

> Posting it again to collect some pointers from the members of the newsgroup.

Okay, here's a pointer:

> On Monday, January 3, 2011 1:22:01 AM UTC+5:30, gvk wrote:
>> Hi.
>> I am posting this before actually Googling (shall do that in a while).

Go do that.

>> Do we have ORMs (object relational mappers) for applications written in C/C++ ?

There is no such language as "C/C++". C and C++ are very different, and
an ORM which was suitable to one would be unsuitable to the other.

>> Provide a Database abstraction so that one single coded C application can interface with a variety of production level databases (mostly MySQL / Oracle / PostgreSQL)

GIYF.

-s
--
Copyright 2010, all wrongs reversed. Peter Seebach / usenet-nospam@seebs.net

Nobody 01-08-2011 10:06 PM

On Sat, 08 Jan 2011 20:49:13 +0100, Richard wrote:

>> There is no such language as "C/C++". C and C++ are very different,
>> and an ORM which was suitable to one would be unsuitable to the other.

> What nonsense. For all intents and purposes C++ covers C.

The converse isn't true.

> This is NOT comp.lang.iso.c : please TRY and remember that.

This is not comp.lang.c++ either.

An ORM is an OBJECT Relational Mapper. One designed for C++ would
inevitably make extensive use of features which C++ has but which C lacks.