Velocity Reviews

Velocity Reviews (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/index.php)
-   NZ Computing (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f47-nz-computing.html)
-   -   Warehouse 32" TV (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t741315-warehouse-32-tv.html)

William Brown 01-03-2011 12:30 AM

Warehouse 32" TV
 


This $399 special Transonic 32" I have been told that its not fitted
with a Digital tuner, it does list tuner but that is all.

Miche 01-03-2011 01:47 AM

Re: Warehouse 32" TV
 
In article <uv52i6dbohqa0m2rbjq0m3vunv0cjuhl8r@4ax.com>,
William Brown <wbrown@yahoo.com> wrote:

> This $399 special Transonic 32" I have been told that its not fitted
> with a Digital tuner, it does list tuner but that is all.


You get what you pay for, maybe?

Miche

--
Electricians do it in three phases

Fred 01-03-2011 01:55 AM

Re: Warehouse 32" TV
 
William Brown wrote:
> This $399 special Transonic 32" I have been told that its not fitted
> with a Digital tuner, it does list tuner but that is all.


Are you trying to make some point?



peterwn 01-03-2011 01:59 AM

Re: Warehouse 32" TV
 
On Jan 3, 2:55*pm, "Fred" <r...@parachute.net.nz> wrote:
> William Brown wrote:
> > This $399 *special Transonic *32" I have been told that its not fitted
> > with a Digital tuner, it does list tuner but that is all.

>
> Are you trying to make some point?


Yes. Some people will buy them and find they are only 'good' for a
couple of years.

A retailer of new goods must offer spare prts support for three years.
On this basis selling a TV that is ony 'good' for a couple of years is
deceptive conduct.

stateslave 01-03-2011 02:00 AM

Re: Warehouse 32" TV
 
Fred wrote:

> William Brown wrote:
>> This $399 special Transonic 32" I have been told that its not fitted
>> with a Digital tuner, it does list tuner but that is all.

>
> Are you trying to make some point?


Buy a car without an engine recently?



Fred 01-03-2011 02:13 AM

Re: Warehouse 32" TV
 
peterwn wrote:
> On Jan 3, 2:55 pm, "Fred" <r...@parachute.net.nz> wrote:
>> William Brown wrote:
>>> This $399 special Transonic 32" I have been told that its not fitted
>>> with a Digital tuner, it does list tuner but that is all.

>>
>> Are you trying to make some point?

>
> Yes. Some people will buy them and find they are only 'good' for a
> couple of years.
>
> A retailer of new goods must offer spare prts support for three years.
> On this basis selling a TV that is ony 'good' for a couple of years is
> deceptive conduct.



That's assuming there is no digital tuner. The OP simply states he was told
that, but doesn't say who by. It may not be correct. If it is correct, and
the retailer has said so, there's nothing deceptive at all. I suspect if
they were not digital they'd be quitting them at $100 odd. Digital Samsung
32 inch are going for $599. Normally Transonic would be much cheaper anyway
for a similar product.



Peter K 01-03-2011 02:23 AM

Re: Warehouse 32" TV
 
"peterwn" <pmilne29@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:f7729c49-e6c7-4bf5-abba-73830dc882dd@37g2000prx.googlegroups.com...
> On Jan 3, 2:55 pm, "Fred" <r...@parachute.net.nz> wrote:
>> William Brown wrote:
>> > This $399 special Transonic 32" I have been told that its not fitted
>> > with a Digital tuner, it does list tuner but that is all.

>>
>> Are you trying to make some point?

>
> Yes. Some people will buy them and find they are only 'good' for a
> couple of years.
>
> A retailer of new goods must offer spare prts support for three years.
> On this basis selling a TV that is ony 'good' for a couple of years is
> deceptive conduct.


But is it deceptive? Who's saying the TV won't be supported for 3 years
against defects? The TV itself and its tuner may be in tip-top working order
for 3 years or more anyway. It's not the seller's fault that there is no
signal for it to receive. (And in any case you can buy "set top boxes" which
translate a digital TV signal to an analogue signal for TVs which require
it).


William Brown 01-03-2011 03:21 AM

Re: Warehouse 32" TV
 
On Mon, 3 Jan 2011 15:13:48 +1300, "Fred" <reg@parachute.net.nz> wrote:

>peterwn wrote:
>> On Jan 3, 2:55 pm, "Fred" <r...@parachute.net.nz> wrote:
>>> William Brown wrote:
>>>> This $399 special Transonic 32" I have been told that its not fitted
>>>> with a Digital tuner, it does list tuner but that is all.
>>>
>>> Are you trying to make some point?

>>
>> Yes. Some people will buy them and find they are only 'good' for a
>> couple of years.
>>
>> A retailer of new goods must offer spare prts support for three years.
>> On this basis selling a TV that is ony 'good' for a couple of years is
>> deceptive conduct.

>
>
>That's assuming there is no digital tuner. The OP simply states he was told
>that, but doesn't say who by. It may not be correct. If it is correct, and
>the retailer has said so, there's nothing deceptive at all. I suspect if
>they were not digital they'd be quitting them at $100 odd. Digital Samsung
>32 inch are going for $599. Normally Transonic would be much cheaper anyway
>for a similar product.



It from by old Boss that owns a TV repair shop, the TV that was on
Display was only showing a Totally Pixilated screen..


peterwn 01-03-2011 03:22 AM

Re: Warehouse 32" TV
 
On Jan 3, 3:23*pm, "Peter K" <pe...@parcelvej.dk> wrote:
> "peterwn" <pmiln...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>
> news:f7729c49-e6c7-4bf5-abba-73830dc882dd@37g2000prx.googlegroups.com...
>
> > On Jan 3, 2:55 pm, "Fred" <r...@parachute.net.nz> wrote:
> >> William Brown wrote:
> >> > This $399 *special Transonic *32" I have been told that its not fitted
> >> > with a Digital tuner, it does list tuner but that is all.

>
> >> Are you trying to make some point?

>
> > Yes. Some people will buy them and find they are only 'good' for a
> > couple of years.

>
> > A retailer of new goods must offer spare prts support for three years.
> > On this basis selling a TV that is ony 'good' for a couple of years is
> > deceptive conduct.

>
> But is it deceptive? Who's saying the TV won't be supported for 3 years
> against defects? The TV itself and its tuner may be in tip-top working order
> for 3 years or more anyway. It's not the seller's fault that there is no
> signal for it to receive. (And in any case you can buy "set top boxes" which
> translate a digital TV signal to an analogue signal for TVs which require
> it).


OK as long as the retailer makes it crystal clear that the TV will
require a set top tuner and probably a UHF aerial in a few years time,
or that it will be OK if the customer is using it with a SKY box.

William Brown 01-03-2011 03:44 AM

Re: Warehouse 32" TV
 
On Mon, 3 Jan 2011 15:23:39 +1300, "Peter K" <peter@parcelvej.dk> wrote:

>"peterwn" <pmilne29@gmail.com> wrote in message
>news:f7729c49-e6c7-4bf5-abba-73830dc882dd@37g2000prx.googlegroups.com...
>> On Jan 3, 2:55 pm, "Fred" <r...@parachute.net.nz> wrote:
>>> William Brown wrote:
>>> > This $399 special Transonic 32" I have been told that its not fitted
>>> > with a Digital tuner, it does list tuner but that is all.
>>>
>>> Are you trying to make some point?

>>
>> Yes. Some people will buy them and find they are only 'good' for a
>> couple of years.
>>
>> A retailer of new goods must offer spare prts support for three years.
>> On this basis selling a TV that is ony 'good' for a couple of years is
>> deceptive conduct.

>
>But is it deceptive? Who's saying the TV won't be supported for 3 years
>against defects? The TV itself and its tuner may be in tip-top working order
>for 3 years or more anyway. It's not the seller's fault that there is no
>signal for it to receive. (And in any case you can buy "set top boxes" which
>translate a digital TV signal to an analogue signal for TVs which require
>it).




Most all are no brand products and Fail allot, My Boss brought a Draco
HDTV5500 for a client sated to be one of the best I read on the Net that
these fail allot that was back in 2008, I told my Boss about this, he
stated that they all should be fixed by now, so far he sold 3 of the
Draco HDTV5500 they have all failed, one lasted 4 months, He contacted
the Dealer and was told that he had sold over 100 of them and Only 2
came back..

The Warehouse Sanyo one is the Same brand as The Draco but $100 cheaper,
the one that looks nice a very small is the Dish TV T1020 has a 8 event
wake up timer the same as the Draco/Sanyo, but it not made by the same
people, I was told that Dish TV company was called by another name,
seems to be just a Made for NZ Product.




All times are GMT. The time now is 04:18 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®. Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.