Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: Printer drivers anyone? IT DOESN'T EXIST (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t741202-re-printer-drivers-anyone-it-doesnt-exist.html)

Jeff Strickland 12-31-2010 05:32 PM

"Robert Baer" <robertbaer@localnet.com> wrote in message
news:d4mdnbwExvfC8oDQnZ2dnUVZ_qmdnZ2d@posted.local net...
> Jeff Strickland wrote:
>> "Robert Baer" <robertbaer@localnet.com> wrote in message

>>> The WinXP OEM disk had Canon drivers for XP _and_ Win2000.
>>> That theoretically gave me an "independent" and second source.
>>> Same crap result ("striped").

>> The XP disk might have the original driver, but with SP3 (which is as
>> close to being a required upgrade as you can get), odds are very high
>> that the original driver will no longer work.
>>

> Nobody (but you) said i had an XP disk with SP3 as an integral part.
> In fact, the disk clearly states "includes SP2".
> And i used it ONLY to get the drivers.
> I DO NOT use XP, period.
> If there is an emergency situation concerning XP, i load a scratch HD
> for temporary use and when done wipe it.

You ABSOLUTELY do not have a SP3 disc. You install XP, then do upgrades to
SP3. You can load backwards drivers, and they may or may not work, but if
they do work there is no guarantee of reliability and you should not expect
any reliability. If you are using XP and have Automatic Updates on, or if
you check for updates once in a while, then you should be running SP3. If
you do not have automatic updates on, do not check for updates once in a
while, and are not running SP3, then you probably should think about
switching to a Mac because you are flying against the wind blowing across
the PC world. If you are running Win2K, then you are still flying against
the wind with a product that has no support.

I get that you might prefer these old programs, and I like them better too.
But you are also bitching about stuff that you have chosen to stick with as
the world is passing you by. You are driving a Model T and bitching that you
can't buy parts for it anymore. You can drive the Model T if you want, but
you have to know how to make your own parts...

You are running in circles and I can't keep up. You have a printer that does
not work because you can't get a driver for it. There is no driver. If there
was a driver, it would be on the Canon Website. Your printer is so out of
date that they don't even bother to put up a picture of it, which is a clear
sign that they do not support it anymore. Sorry for your trouble.