Velocity Reviews

-   -   Peer to Peer (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t741179-peer-to-peer.html)

exntluser 12-31-2010 09:06 AM

Peer to Peer

Could anybody suggest a decent peer to peer site that still works? Idon't
use them as a rule, but need to get hold of a pretty obscure album quickly,
like for a party tonight.....

richard 12-31-2010 10:11 AM

Re: Peer to Peer

On Fri, 31 Dec 2010 09:06:44 -0000, exntluser wrote:

> Could anybody suggest a decent peer to peer site that still works? Idon't
> use them as a rule, but need to get hold of a pretty obscure album quickly,
> like for a party tonight.....

rots of ruck.
unless there are a few dozen seeders online it could take days.
more if you're on dialup or slowwwww wifi.

you might be better off posting a request in a binary newsgroup of that
nature.

first, do a torrent search and see if any exist.

John Holmes 12-31-2010 01:27 PM

Re: Peer to Peer

exntluser "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

> Could anybody suggest a decent peer to peer site that still works?
> Idon't use them as a rule, but need to get hold of a pretty obscure
> album quickly, like for a party tonight.....

www.grooveshark.com
HTH

--
<snip>

exntluser 12-31-2010 03:17 PM

Re: Peer to Peer

> On Fri, 31 Dec 2010 09:06:44 -0000, "exntluser" <exntluser@ntl.gone>
> wrote:
>
>>Could anybody suggest a decent peer to peer site that still works? Idon't
>>use them as a rule, but need to get hold of a pretty obscure album
>>quickly,
>>like for a party tonight.....

> What's the group / album name?
> --

Brush Shiels
18 Celtic Rock Classics

exntluser 12-31-2010 03:25 PM

Re: Peer to Peer

> On Fri, 31 Dec 2010 15:17:51 -0000, "exntluser" <exntluser@ntl.gone>
> wrote:
>
>>Brush Shiels
>>18 Celtic Rock Classics

> I don't see it, but may want to try asking on
> alt.binaries.sounds.mp3.celtic . Pretty active group.
> --

Many Thanks, I'll give it a try....

Jaypie 12-31-2010 03:52 PM

Re: Peer to Peer

"exntluser" a écrit dans le message de groupe de discussion :
RumTo.7636$vQ7.4906@newsfe16.ams2...
18 Celtic Rock Classics
- - - - -

You will find them all at this address :

http://tinyurl.com/26wmsun

Jaypie

Jaypie 12-31-2010 04:13 PM

Re: Peer to Peer

"exntluser" a écrit dans le message de groupe de discussion :
RumTo.7636$vQ7.4906@newsfe16.ams2...
18 Celtic Rock Classics
- - - - -

You will find them all at this address :

http://tinyurl.com/26wmsun

Jaypie
- - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Jaypie" a écrit dans le message de groupe de discussion :
ifku8g$qpl$1@news.eternal-september.org...

In addition to my answer, you will need uTorrent to download the music :

http://www.utorrent.com/

exntluser 01-01-2011 01:45 AM

Re: Peer to Peer

> On Fri, 31 Dec 2010 15:17:51 -0000, "exntluser" <exntluser@ntl.gone>
> wrote:
>
>>Brush Shiels
>>18 Celtic Rock Classics

> I don't see it, but may want to try asking on
> alt.binaries.sounds.mp3.celtic . Pretty active group.
> --

I took your advice & asked on the group, got exactly what I was looking for,
Many Thanks