Velocity Reviews

-   -   If you think flying is scary....you don't want to take this flight! (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t740791-if-you-think-flying-is-scary-you-dont-want-to-take-this-flight.html)

richard 12-24-2010 06:28 PM

If you think flying is scary....you don't want to take this flight!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAfQw...layer_embedded

So there you are with your friends checking out the beach, which is
situated only a few hundred feet from the runway of one of the world's
nightmares of an airport, and a plane comes in.

So what you say? Watch how close the plane's wheels are to the ground.
You could almost reach up and touch the wheels as the plane passes over.

Where is this you ask? Paro airport, Bhutan.
They say only 8 pilots are qualified for this airport.

--
3530. That which does not appear to exist is to be regarded as if it did
not exist.

Meat Plow 12-24-2010 06:36 PM

Re: If you think flying is scary....you don't want to take thisflight!

On Fri, 24 Dec 2010 11:28:29 -0700, richard wrote:

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAfQw...layer_embedded
>
> So there you are with your friends checking out the beach, which is
> situated only a few hundred feet from the runway of one of the world's
> nightmares of an airport, and a plane comes in.
>
> So what you say? Watch how close the plane's wheels are to the ground.
> You could almost reach up and touch the wheels as the plane passes over.
>
> Where is this you ask? Paro airport, Bhutan. They say only 8 pilots are
> qualified for this airport.

Seen it before. One of the worst fly-ins is the Rock of Gibraltar.

Meat Plow 12-24-2010 07:31 PM

On Fri, 24 Dec 2010 13:09:45 -0600, The Old Sourdough wrote:

> richard mumbled in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAfQw...layer_embedded

>> So there you are with your friends checking out the beach, which is
>> situated only a few hundred feet from the runway of one of the world's
>> nightmares of an airport, and a plane comes in.

>> So what you say? Watch how close the plane's wheels are to the ground.
>> You could almost reach up and touch the wheels as the plane passes
>> over.

>> Where is this you ask? Paro airport, Bhutan. They say only 8 pilots are
>> qualified for this airport.

> Hah! That place is a piece of cake compared to here:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqgZvb37NX0
>
> More here:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tenzing-Hillary_Airport

Try landing at St. Bart's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REus9s4MEt8

richard 12-24-2010 07:47 PM

Re: If you think flying is scary....you don't want to take this flight!

On Fri, 24 Dec 2010 13:09:45 -0600, The Old Sourdough wrote:

> richard mumbled in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAfQw...layer_embedded

>> So there you are with your friends checking out the beach, which is
>> situated only a few hundred feet from the runway of one of the world's
>> nightmares of an airport, and a plane comes in.

>> So what you say? Watch how close the plane's wheels are to the ground.
>> You could almost reach up and touch the wheels as the plane passes over.

>> Where is this you ask? Paro airport, Bhutan.
>> They say only 8 pilots are qualified for this airport.

> Hah! That place is a piece of cake compared to here:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqgZvb37NX0
>
> More here:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tenzing-Hillary_Airport

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-z2o0...eature=related

Can we say oooops?

A friend of my father's who was a private pilot used to say, "Any landing
you can walk away from is a good landing.".

NormanM 12-24-2010 08:09 PM

Re: If you think flying is scary....you don't want to take this flight!

On Fri, 24 Dec 2010 11:28:29 -0700, richard wrote:

> Where is this you ask? Paro airport, Bhutan.
> They say only 8 pilots are qualified for this airport.

How do you figure? Oh, well, its just you, RtS!

What about the "Riskiest takeoff and landings in the World"?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IepTg...1&feature=fvwp

I hope you are up on your Afrikaans. (For the rest of you goobers, the
language is actually, Deutsch, which is most definitely ***NOT***, "Dutch"!)

--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come

RickMerrill 12-24-2010 08:12 PM

Evan Platt wrote:
> On Fri, 24 Dec 2010 11:28:29 -0700, richard<member@newsguy.com>
> wrote:
>
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAfQw...layer_embedded
>>
>> So there you are with your friends checking out the beach, which is
>> situated only a few hundred feet from the runway of one of the world's
>> nightmares of an airport, and a plane comes in.
>>
>> So what you say? Watch how close the plane's wheels are to the ground.
>> You could almost reach up and touch the wheels as the plane passes over.
>>
>> Where is this you ask?

> I don't need to ask. It's all over the video, in the title, etc.
>
>> Paro airport, Bhutan.

> WTF?? No, try St. Marteen.
>
>> They say only 8 pilots are qualified for this airport.

> Where do you come up with this ****?
>
> Who says that?
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Princes...tional_Airport
>
> "In 2007, the airport handled 1,647,824 passengers and 103,650
> aircraft movements"
>
> So, if only 8 pilots are qualified for this airport, that means each
> pilot had 12,956 movements at the airport. With 365 days in a year,
> that means each pilot had 35 movements each and every day - assuming
> of course, each pilot worked 7 days a week every day of the year.
>
> You really should check your facts before you post your bullshit.

Maybe all the others have to land on autopilot?-)

Meat Plow 12-24-2010 08:44 PM

On Fri, 24 Dec 2010 12:09:08 -0800, NormanM wrote:

> On Fri, 24 Dec 2010 11:28:29 -0700, richard wrote:
>
>> Where is this you ask? Paro airport, Bhutan. They say only 8 pilots are
>> qualified for this airport.

> How do you figure? Oh, well, its just you, RtS!
>
> What about the "Riskiest takeoff and landings in the World"?
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IepTg...1&feature=fvwp
>
> I hope you are up on your Afrikaans. (For the rest of you goobers, the
> language is actually, Deutsch, which is most definitely ***NOT***,
> "Dutch"!)

That #2 downhill run was wicked.

n0i 12-24-2010 09:20 PM

On 12/24/2010 2:31 PM, Meat Plow wrote:

> Try landing at St. Bart's
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REus9s4MEt8

This one doesn't look too fun...

http://www.airfields-freeman.com/WV/...V_SW.htm#swope

n0i

Beauregard T. Shagnasty 12-25-2010 12:40 AM

Evan Platt wrote:

> richard the sto0pid wrote:
>>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAfQw...layer_embedded
>> Where is this you ask?

> I don't need to ask. It's all over the video, in the title, etc.

Yeah, that part was funny, eh?

>> Paro airport, Bhutan. <--------- LOL!!!

> WTF?? No, try St. Marteen.
>
>> They say only 8 pilots are qualified for this airport.

> Where do you come up with this ****?

I think he makes it up, posts it, then waits to see if anyone
contradicts the crap he made up ... probably checking to see if there's
anyone left who hasn't killfiled him!

> You really should check your facts before you post your bullshit.

He is incapable of that.

--
-bts