Velocity Reviews

-   -   java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t740700-java-lang-unsatisfiedlinkerror.html)

ilya 12-23-2010 09:22 AM

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError

Exception in thread "Thread-9" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError:
org.hyperic.sigar .Mem.gather(Lorg/hyperic/sigar/Sigar;)V
at org.hyperic.sigar.Mem.gather(Native Method)
at org.hyperic.sigar.Mem.fetch(Mem.java:30)
at org.hyperic.sigar.Sigar.getMem(Sigar.java:306)

What can be the reason of such type of the error?

John B. Matthews 12-23-2010 11:41 AM

Re: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError

In article
<be51c958-4149-402b-bc83-68a23e6ff9f0@39g2000yqa.googlegroups.com>,
ilya <bumsys@gmail.com> wrote:

> Exception in thread "Thread-9" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError:
> org.hyperic.sigar .Mem.gather(Lorg/hyperic/sigar/Sigar;)V
> at org.hyperic.sigar.Mem.gather(Native Method)
> at org.hyperic.sigar.Mem.fetch(Mem.java:30)
> at org.hyperic.sigar.Sigar.getMem(Sigar.java:306)
>
> What can be the reason of such type of the error?

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: "Thrown if the Java Virtual Machine
cannot find an appropriate native-language definition of a method
declared native."

<http://download.oracle.com/javase/6/...atisfiedLinkEr
ror.html>

Possibly, your SIGAR (System Information Gatherer And Reporter) can't
find the binary required for your platform:

<http://support.hyperic.com/display/SIGAR/Home>

--
John B. Matthews
trashgod at gmail dot com

Roedy Green 12-23-2010 05:46 PM

Re: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError

On Thu, 23 Dec 2010 01:22:22 -0800 (PST), ilya <bumsys@gmail.com>

>.UnsatisfiedLinkError:

see
http://mindprod.com/jgloss/runerrorm...SFIEDLINKERROR
--
Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
http://mindprod.com

Lew 12-23-2010 06:51 PM

Roedy Green wrote in his sig:
> Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products http://mindprod.com
> A short order cook is a master of multitasking. Every movement is
> optimised from years of practice. Yet when a computer executes a
> multitasking program, it approaches the task as if for the first time.

Interesting, if incorrect, observation. It's not always true - some
programs persist state between invocations, so they do not approach
all aspects of a task as if for the first time. Programs evolve -
features are added, bugs patched, architecture optimized - so after
years of practice every instruction of the program is optimized.
Whether the program is multitasking is not germane - programs are
optimized or not for non-multitasked programs as for multitasked ones.

Taking "as if for the first time" a different way - each program is
sung for the first time the same way a hit record is - no matter how
many times you execute that MP3 it sounds exactly like the other times
because it's the exact same recipe. In that regard the observation is
trivial - of course a computer executes each program as if for the
first time because it is not sentient, and therefore has no memory or
consciousness for "another time" to have meaning.

--
Lew

Roedy Green 12-23-2010 09:29 PM

Re: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError

On Thu, 23 Dec 2010 10:51:25 -0800 (PST), Lew <lew@lewscanon.com>

>Interesting, if incorrect, observation

The computer run time executes a program as if it had never done it
before. It could each time it ran note for example just how big
StringBuffers really have to be, the optimum buffer size, which memory
allocation scheme is most efficient, etc.

If you declared "tweakables" then it could even do things like select
the best algorithm given the size of the input set, or decide on the
optimum number of processing threads.

see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/tweakable.html
http://mindprod.com/project/tweakable.html

Lew 12-23-2010 10:27 PM

On 12/23/2010 04:29 PM, Roedy Green wrote:
> On Thu, 23 Dec 2010 10:51:25 -0800 (PST), Lew<lew@lewscanon.com>
>

>> Interesting, if incorrect, observation

> The computer run time executes a program as if it had never done it
> before. It could each time it ran note for example just how big
> StringBuffers really have to be, the optimum buffer size, which memory
> allocation scheme is most efficient, etc.
>
> If you declared "tweakables" then it could even do things like select
> the best algorithm given the size of the input set, or decide on the
> optimum number of processing threads.
>
> see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/tweakable.html
> http://mindprod.com/project/tweakable.html

Ah, I see. I was looking at a different aspect of what a program's "first
time" might mean. In the context you describe the observation makes sense,
even points the way for technological advancement.

--
Lew
Ceci n'est pas une pipe.