Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: IPv6 problem (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t740694-re-ipv6-problem.html)

VanguardLH 12-23-2010 05:49 AM

Re: IPv6 problem

namsilat wrote:

> My computer is running Windows 7 Home 64 bit. I have not been able to
> communicate with other machines on the network via homegroup, so I
> started troubleshooter for homegroup, and it said that IPv6 needs to
> be enabled in order to use homegroup, so off I went to Netowork
> troubleshooter to enable it. Eventually I ended up at network adaptor,
> but the box for Internet Protocol v6 was already checked. So what's
> the problem?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/983276

The above can be found by searching Microsoft's support knowledgebase
(http://www.microsoft.com/support). However, they scramble in garbage
from their web-based forums that mucks up the results. So I instead use
Google to search Microsoft's support site, as in:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=lang_en&q=site:support.microsoft.c om+%2B"windows+7"+%2Bhomegroup+%2Bipv6