Velocity Reviews

-   -   simple games w/o pygame (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t740646-simple-games-w-o-pygame.html)

William Gill 12-22-2010 04:40 PM

simple games w/o pygame

I am teaching an 11 year old who wants to learn programming. I chose
Python, and it is working well. I seem to remember lots of simple
script games, like quizzes, number games etc. that would be good for his
tutorial. However, now all I can find is more complex games using
Pygame. Can anyone help me out here?

Andre Alexander Bell 12-22-2010 05:30 PM

Re: simple games w/o pygame

On 22.12.2010 17:40, William Gill wrote:
> I am teaching an 11 year old who wants to learn programming. I chose
> Python, and it is working well. I seem to remember lots of simple
> script games, like quizzes, number games etc. that would be good for his
> tutorial. However, now all I can find is more complex games using
> Pygame. Can anyone help me out here?

Recently someone posted this link on the list, which might be interesting:

http://inventwithpython.com/index.html

Regards

Andre

scattered 12-23-2010 06:36 AM

Re: simple games w/o pygame

On Dec 22, 11:40*am, William Gill <nore...@domain.invalid> wrote:
> I am teaching an 11 year old who wants to learn programming. *I chose
> Python, and it is working well. *I seem to remember lots of simple
> script games, like quizzes, number games etc. that would be good for his
> tutorial. *However, now all I can find is more complex games using
> Pygame. *Can anyone help me out here?

Maybe you can check out the book "Python Programming for the Absolute
Beginner, 3rd Edition" by Michael Dawson. Its emphasis is on simple
games. My son is (who is older - just turned 17) is working through it
now and finding it easy going.

William Gill 12-23-2010 03:40 PM

Re: simple games w/o pygame

Thanks everyone. These references will help greatly. I was about to
take some javascript examples and rewrite them in Python.