Velocity Reviews

-   -   Cross posting (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t740628-cross-posting.html)

Ganesh J. Acharya 12-22-2010 12:05 PM

Cross posting

I wanted to know more about this. I guess this facility is being
provided to use. If used what are the ethics those are needed to be
considered. Please advice.

Desk Rabbit 12-22-2010 12:29 PM

Re: Cross posting

On 22/12/2010 12:05, Ganesh J. Acharya wrote:
> I wanted to know more about this.

Google is your friend

>I guess this facility is being provided to use.

Like most facilities it's been provided for nobody to use - ever.

>If used what are the ethics those are needed to be
> considered. Please advice.

Google cross posting netequette

Ganesh J. Acharya 12-22-2010 01:05 PM

Re: Cross posting

On Dec 22, 5:29*pm, Desk Rabbit <m...@example.com> wrote:
> On 22/12/2010 12:05, Ganesh J. Acharya wrote:
>
> > I wanted to know more about this.

> Google is your friend
>
> >I guess this facility is being provided to use.

> Like most facilities it's been provided for nobody to use - ever.
>
> >If used what are the ethics those are needed to be
> > considered. Please advice.

> Google cross posting netequette

Thanks for the terms. Found the following links
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Netiquette
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross-posting

Ganesh J. Acharya 12-22-2010 01:09 PM

Re: Cross posting

On Dec 22, 5:29*pm, Desk Rabbit <m...@example.com> wrote:
> On 22/12/2010 12:05, Ganesh J. Acharya wrote:
>
> > I wanted to know more about this.

> Google is your friend
>
> >I guess this facility is being provided to use.

> Like most facilities it's been provided for nobody to use - ever.
>
> >If used what are the ethics those are needed to be
> > considered. Please advice.

> Google cross posting netequette

More links for references on cross posting
http://lipas.uwasa.fi/~ts/http/crospost.html
http://faqs.cs.uu.nl/na-dir/finding-groups/general.html
http://www.cs.indiana.edu/docproject/zen/zen-1.0_6.html

Aardvark 12-22-2010 01:17 PM

Re: Cross posting

On Wed, 22 Dec 2010 12:29:39 +0000, Desk Rabbit wrote:

> On 22/12/2010 12:05, Ganesh J. Acharya wrote:
>> I wanted to know more about this.

> Google is your friend
>
>>I guess this facility is being provided to use.

> Like most facilities it's been provided for nobody to use - ever.
>
>>If used what are the ethics those are needed to be
>> considered. Please advice.

> Google cross posting netequette

Or even netiquette.

Ganesh J. Acharya 12-22-2010 01:19 PM

How to reference closed groups

On Dec 22, 6:09*pm, "Ganesh J. Acharya" <ganesh.acha...@coaction.com>
wrote:
> On Dec 22, 5:29*pm, Desk Rabbit <m...@example.com> wrote:
>
> > On 22/12/2010 12:05, Ganesh J. Acharya wrote:

> > > I wanted to know more about this.

> > Google is your friend

> > >I guess this facility is being provided to use.

> > Like most facilities it's been provided for nobody to use - ever.

> > >If used what are the ethics those are needed to be
> > > considered. Please advice.

> > Google cross posting netequette

> More links for references on cross postinghttp://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/usenet/xpost.htmlhttp://lipas.uwasa.fi/~ts/http/crospost.htmlhttp://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htmhttp://faqs.cs.uu.nl/na-dir/finding-groups/general.htmlhttp://www.cs.indiana.edu/docproject/zen/zen-1.0_6.html

In case of posting "closed groups" extracts publicly, how much can be
referenced and are there any other points to consider?

floffy 12-22-2010 01:20 PM

Re: Cross posting

On Wed, 22 Dec 2010 12:29:39 +0000, Desk Rabbit <me@example.com>
wrote:

>On 22/12/2010 12:05, Ganesh J. Acharya wrote:
>> I wanted to know more about this.

>Google is your friend
>

>Google cross posting netequette

Many server Delete crossposting when they are over 2

Ganesh J. Acharya 12-22-2010 01:22 PM

Re: Cross posting

On Dec 22, 6:20*pm, "floffy" <Spa...@spagat.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 22 Dec 2010 12:29:39 +0000, Desk Rabbit <m...@example.com>
> wrote:
>
> >On 22/12/2010 12:05, Ganesh J. Acharya wrote:
> >> I wanted to know more about this.

> >Google is your friend

> >Google cross posting netequette

> Many server Delete crossposting when they are over 2

That is with regards to USENET, now days one can post to multiple
places outside of USENET to get responses.

Ganesh J. Acharya 12-22-2010 01:28 PM

Cross posting

On Dec 22, 6:22*pm, "Ganesh J. Acharya" <ganesh.acha...@coaction.com>
wrote:
> On Dec 22, 6:20*pm, "floffy" <Spa...@spagat.com> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 22 Dec 2010 12:29:39 +0000, Desk Rabbit <m...@example.com>
> > wrote:

> > >Google is your friend

> > >Google cross posting netequette

> > Many server Delete crossposting when they are over 2

> That is with regards to USENET, now days one can post to multiple
> places outside of USENET to get responses.

Also, what are the ethics w.r.t. changing Subject titles. While
posting using google groups, I often loose the context to the original
post. A solution would be keeping part of the old subject intact e.g.
"Cross posting" would become "Cross..:New subject". Is there a proper
method to do these. As we start getting newer queries those are
related to the current discussion.

Ganesh J. Acharya 12-22-2010 01:30 PM

Cross posting: Changing Subject

> Also, what are the ethics w.r.t. changing Subject titles. While
> posting using google groups, I often loose the context to the original
> post. A solution would be keeping part of the old subject intact e.g.
> "Cross posting" would become "Cross..:New subject". Is there a proper
> method to do these. As we start getting newer queries those are
> related to the current discussion.

But are sometimes completely different to the current thread.