Velocity Reviews

Velocity Reviews (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/index.php)
-   NZ Computing (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f47-nz-computing.html)
-   -   Google Font Directory (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t740601-google-font-directory.html)

Lawrence D'Oliveiro 12-21-2010 11:40 PM

Google Font Directory
 
Just found out about this: a collection of high-quality fonts, available on
Google’s servers, that can be freely used in your own web pages
<http://code.google.com/webfonts>.

Richard 12-22-2010 12:49 AM

Re: Google Font Directory
 
On 22/12/2010 12:40 p.m., Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
> Just found out about this: a collection of high-quality fonts, available on
> Google’s servers, that can be freely used in your own web pages
> <http://code.google.com/webfonts>.


Yeah, give google total information about the accesses to your site.

Mind you, some people are happy to do that with that anylitics ****
splattered all over their sites making them slow.

Lawrence D'Oliveiro 12-22-2010 06:13 AM

Re: Google Font Directory
 
In message <ierhv8$p6q$3@news.albasani.net>, Richard wrote:

> Yeah, give google total information about the accesses to your site.


They would have that already.

Have you noticed that sometimes, when you do a Google search, it gives you
indirect URLs?

Richard 12-22-2010 08:17 AM

Re: Google Font Directory
 
On 22/12/2010 7:13 p.m., Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
> In message<ierhv8$p6q$3@news.albasani.net>, Richard wrote:
>
>> Yeah, give google total information about the accesses to your site.

>
> They would have that already.
>
> Have you noticed that sometimes, when you do a Google search, it gives you
> indirect URLs?


That doesnt allow tracking across the site like including content from
google on every page does.

victor 12-22-2010 08:18 AM

Re: Google Font Directory
 
On 22/12/2010 1:49 p.m., Richard wrote:
> On 22/12/2010 12:40 p.m., Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
>> Just found out about this: a collection of high-quality fonts,
>> available on
>> Google’s servers, that can be freely used in your own web pages
>> <http://code.google.com/webfonts>.

>
> Yeah, give google total information about the accesses to your site.
>
> Mind you, some people are happy to do that with that anylitics ****
> splattered all over their sites making them slow.


You could always just download them (if you are that pathetically paranoid).

Lawrence D'Oliveiro 12-22-2010 11:56 PM

Re: Google Font Directory
 
In message <iesc6a$sq3$1@news.albasani.net>, Richard wrote:

> That doesnt allow tracking across the site like including content from
> google on every page does.


So host the fonts on your own site.


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:38 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®. Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.