Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: Google Chrome for a Cause (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t740395-re-google-chrome-for-a-cause.html)

Meat Plow 12-18-2010 09:59 PM

Re: Google Chrome for a Cause

On Sat, 18 Dec 2010 16:15:04 -0500, Muse Gruppes wrote:

> Every tab you open donates money to a cause:
>
> http://www.google.com/chrome/intl/en/p/cause/#tnc

You have to install the Chrome for a Cause extension first.

Mike Easter 12-18-2010 10:43 PM

Re: Google Chrome for a Cause

Meat Plow wrote:
> Muse Gruppes wrote:
>
>> Every tab you open donates money to a cause:
>>
>> http://www.google.com/chrome/intl/en/p/cause/#tnc

> You have to install the Chrome for a Cause extension first.

I couldn't find a place where it said how much per click or rather how
many clicks does it take to make a dollar or something.

A thousand? A million? A billion?

--
Mike Easter

Mike Yetto 12-18-2010 10:53 PM

Re: Google Chrome for a Cause

Meat Plow <mhywatt@yahoo.com> writes and having writ moves on.
>On Sat, 18 Dec 2010 16:15:04 -0500, Muse Gruppes wrote:

>> Every tab you open donates money to a cause:
>>
>> http://www.google.com/chrome/intl/en/p/cause/#tnc

>You have to install the Chrome for a Cause extension first.

You would need to install and use Chrome as well.

Mike "I wouldn't be much help in that case" Yetto
In practice they are not.

Mike Easter 12-18-2010 10:54 PM

Re: Google Chrome for a Cause

Mike Easter wrote:

> I couldn't find a place where it said how much per click or rather how
> many clicks does it take to make a dollar or something.
>
> A thousand? A million? A billion?

<q> The Charitable Donation

Google has set a maximum contribution of $1,000,000 associated with the
Google Chrome for a Cause extension. You agree Google may change this
maximum contribution at its sole discretion.

Limit on tabs submitted

Google Chrome for a Cause sets a daily maximum for the number of tabs
you may submit, presently equal to 250 tabs per day. You are also
limited to accruing one tab per second towards your daily maximum. You
agree to abide by these limitations, and will not use multiple accounts,
automated means or other methods to circumvent these limitations. </q>

http://downloadsquad.switched.com/20...rity-donation/
If you click on the button, you'll see details about how much difference
you've already made -- for example, my current 17 tabs provide 0.7
vaccinations, 1.7 books, 1.7 trees (isn't it funny that the numbers for
books and trees are always identical?), 0.2 square feet of shelter
built, and 0.1 person's drinking water.

--
Mike Easter

jzlau 01-03-2011 05:27 PM

google chrome extension

i think this is such an innovative concept and its a great cause. i saw this diagram on breakmediagroup that said 14 million tabs would save over 200,000 tress!
Heres the diagram link: http ://ow.ly/3xtQD