Velocity Reviews

-   -   Internet Fax Service Recommendations (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t739947-internet-fax-service-recommendations.html)

Kompu Kid 12-11-2010 05:21 AM

Internet Fax Service Recommendations

Hello All:

I have been doing research on getting an internet fax service.

I currently have a free eFax account. Full version will work, but it
is a bit pricey compared to some others such as Faxbetter.

I will be a low volume user, and having a toll-free number which some
offer does not matter.

Any recommendations?

Thanks,

Deguza

Gordon 12-11-2010 06:35 AM

Re: Internet Fax Service Recommendations

Kompu Kid <deguza@hotmail.com> wrote in news:97ecd821-069c-46bf-90f1-
b947db17ab68@m20g2000prc.googlegroups.com:

> Hello All:
>
> I have been doing research on getting an internet fax service.
>
> I currently have a free eFax account. Full version will work, but it
> is a bit pricey compared to some others such as Faxbetter.
>
> I will be a low volume user, and having a toll-free number which some
> offer does not matter.
>
> Any recommendations?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Deguza

First off, if you have, or can get, a dialup fax/modem you can use
it to send faxes. Even if you don't use it for internet access.
Unless you don't have a landline.

To receive a fax, check if you have a voicemail service that
can receive faxes. IIRC: Verizon Wireless e-mail can receive
short faxes. Some VoIP phone services also can receive faxes.
It totally beats me why traditional landline companies haven't
been offering this service.

The internet is rife with fax services, it's just a matter of finding
them.

SMS 12-11-2010 01:44 PM

On 12/10/2010 9:21 PM, Kompu Kid wrote:
> Hello All:
>
> I have been doing research on getting an internet fax service.
>
> I currently have a free eFax account. Full version will work, but it
> is a bit pricey compared to some others such as Faxbetter.
>
> I will be a low volume user, and having a toll-free number which some
> offer does not matter.

I've been using Faxaway. $1 a month, outgoing is 11 per minute (U.S.).
No charge for incoming. You'll get a number with a 206 area code. Much
less expensive than Faxbetter.

<http://faxaway.com/>

I find that it can take up to ten minutes for an outgoing FAX to be sent
from their servers.

Basically you want to put whatever you're sending into a .doc file,
though other file formats are supported. They also have a free TIFF
converter which is the format to use for sending graphics that works the
best, but graphics inside a .doc file are also fine.

It doesn't support non-U.S. character sets--you'll need to convert the
document to a TIFF if you use those.

User guide is at <http://faxaway.com/user_guide/Faxaway_User_GUIDE.pdf>

Mike Easter 12-11-2010 03:59 PM

Kompu Kid wrote:

> I have been doing research on getting an internet fax service.

How many outgoing pages per month? How many incoming pages per month? Do
you have a landline?

Have you seen any comparison sites such as this one
http://www.faxcompare.com/

--
Mike Easter

Cinies 02-08-2011 04:37 PM

Among the obvious advantages of all Internet fax services over traditional fax equipment, one is definitely low cost and reliable and I could recommend to all people Popfax.com.

Ashleigh 02-25-2011 02:49 PM

Sfax provide an Internet fax service that is completely secure and its freedom plan starts at just $24/year, so is perfect for people that don't need to send lots of faxes per month:

http://www.sfaxme.com/sfax-freedom.html

Dturner11 04-29-2011 07:25 PM

I would recommend checking out FaxitFast.com if you're looking for a reliable internet fax provider. I've been using their fax by email service for awhile now and I'm very happy with my choice. They let you choose your own dedicated local or toll-free number (toll free doesn't cost extra either) and the service is less than 6 bucks a month.

In addition, the offer a 30 day free trial with zero setup fees so you can really try the service out before you pay for anything. All of my inbound faxes get delivered to my email as PDF files and I can send faxes straight from my email account by simply typing in the recipient's fax number in the address field. I know there are a lot of online fax providers out there, but based on my research I think FaxitFast offers the best value for the price.