Velocity Reviews

-   -   What does this runat=server means in this head element (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t739052-what-does-this-runat-server-means-in-this-head-element.html)

Tony Johansson 11-29-2010 09:27 AM

What does this runat=server means in this head element

Hello!

If we have this code snipped in an aspx file what does it mean
<head runat="server">
<title>Employee Information </title>
</head>

I know what runat=server means when you use it in server controller like
<asp:TextBox . . .

I mean that this code snipped
<head runat="server">
<title>Employee Information </title>
</head>
is not a server control.

//Tony

Jason Keats 11-29-2010 11:52 AM

Re: What does this runat=server means in this head element

Tony Johansson wrote:
> Hello!
>
> If we have this code snipped in an aspx file what does it mean
> <head runat="server">
> <title>Employee Information</title>
> </head>
>
> I know what runat=server means when you use it in server controller like
> <asp:TextBox . . .
>
> I mean that this code snipped
> <head runat="server">
> <title>Employee Information</title>
> </head>
> is not a server control.
>
> //Tony

It's probably there because the programmer forgot to delete it. He may
be used to doing (strange) things like...

<head runat = "server">
<title><%= Html.Encode(ViewData["Title"]) %></title>
<%this.RenderHeadItems();%>
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"
href="Styles.css?v=<%=AssemblyVersionNumber()%>">
</head>