Velocity Reviews

-   -   Backward Arab police state bans DSLRs? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t738757-backward-arab-police-state-bans-dslrs.html)

RichA 11-24-2010 10:03 PM

Backward Arab police state bans DSLRs?

Still, it begs the question as to why the West keeps insisting on
trying to drag these people into the 21st century? They seem so happy
in the 15th!

Dpreview:
The Kuwait government has banned the use of DSLRs cameras in public,
according to a local media reports. The English-language Kuwait Times
says the country’s Ministry of Information, Ministry of Social Affairs
and Ministry of Finance have ruled photography with DSLRs should be
used only by accredited journalists. There is currently no official
confirmation of the decision, why it has been introduced or detail
about how precise a definition of the term 'DSLR' will be applied.

Bruce 11-24-2010 10:14 PM

Re: Backward Arab police state bans DSLRs?

RichA <rander3127@gmail.com> wrote:
>Still, it begs the question as to why the West keeps insisting on
>trying to drag these people into the 21st century? They seem so happy
>in the 15th!
>
>Dpreview:
>The Kuwait government has banned the use of DSLRs cameras in public,
>according to a local media reports. The English-language Kuwait Times
>says the country’s Ministry of Information, Ministry of Social Affairs
>and Ministry of Finance have ruled photography with DSLRs should be
>used only by accredited journalists. There is currently no official
>confirmation of the decision, why it has been introduced or detail
>about how precise a definition of the term 'DSLR' will be applied.

Poor Rich missed the thread that's already discussing this. :-(

David J Taylor 11-25-2010 07:36 AM

"RichA" <rander3127@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Still, it begs the question as to why the West keeps insisting on
> trying to drag these people into the 21st century? They seem so happy
> in the 15th!
>
> Dpreview:
> The Kuwait government has banned the use of DSLRs cameras in public,
> according to a local media reports. The English-language Kuwait Times
> says the country’s Ministry of Information, Ministry of Social Affairs
> and Ministry of Finance have ruled photography with DSLRs should be
> used only by accredited journalists. There is currently no official
> confirmation of the decision, why it has been introduced or detail
> about how precise a definition of the term 'DSLR' will be applied.

Off-topic in rec.photo.digital, isn't it?

David J Taylor 11-25-2010 01:56 PM

> On 2010-11-24 23:36:35 -0800, "David J Taylor"
> <david-taylor@blueyonder.co.uk.invalid> said:
>
>> "RichA" <rander3127@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Still, it begs the question as to why the West keeps insisting on
>>> trying to drag these people into the 21st century? They seem so happy
>>> in the 15th!
>>>
>>> Dpreview:
>>> The Kuwait government has banned the use of DSLRs cameras in public,
>>> according to a local media reports. The English-language Kuwait Times
>>> says the country’s Ministry of Information, Ministry of Social Affairs
>>> and Ministry of Finance have ruled photography with DSLRs should be
>>> used only by accredited journalists. There is currently no official
>>> confirmation of the decision, why it has been introduced or detail
>>> about how precise a definition of the term 'DSLR' will be applied.

>> Off-topic in rec.photo.digital, isn't it?
>>

> Not really - DIGITAL-SLR
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Savageduck

Which have their own group:

rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

P&S owners currently have no need to worry! <G>

Cheers,
David

David J Taylor 11-25-2010 05:13 PM

Re: Backward Arab police state bans DSLRs?

> Sorry David, but the last time I checked, this was a general digital
> photo group.
> This covers all things digital photo, and that includes astronomical
> digital photography, medium format digital, P&S, DSLR, and in Rich's
> case - fantasy digital.
>
> As you have directed the DSLR users to r.p.d.slr-s, I could direct you
> to rec.photo.point+shoot which does exist, but does not seem to have too
> many subscribers.
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Savageduck

No need to apologise, Savageduck, it was just a bit of semi-humour which
went wrong.

I guess we'll soon need a "mirror-less" group....

Cheers,
David

Ray Fischer 11-28-2010 12:14 AM

Re: Backward Arab police state bans DSLRs?

RichA <rander3127@gmail.com> wrote:
>Still, it begs the question as to why the West keeps insisting on
>trying to drag these people into the 21st century? They seem so happy
>in the 15th!

The resident bigot finds a new target for his racism.

--
Ray Fischer | Mendacracy (n.) government by lying
rfischer@sonic.net | The new GOP ideal