Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: Dreamweaver or frontpage (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t738588-re-dreamweaver-or-frontpage.html)

mcnewsxp 11-22-2010 12:45 PM

On Nov 17, 10:51*pm, "Abdullah Kahn" <abdul...@hotmailno.co.uk> wrote:
> Which one do I need to buy ? Which is the best ?? Price doesn't matter , I
> am prepared to *pay for a good progran.
>
> TIA

if you're just doing HTML dreamweaver may be more than you need. it
does offer a design view so you can see what you're building. if
you're doing ASP or ASP.NET or you're want to integrate with fireworks
you might like it.
frontpage adds a lot of unneeded HTML junk that makes your code hard
to read.
notepad++ is free and there's probably others.

P E Schoen 11-22-2010 08:31 PM

"mcnewsxp" wrote in message

> if you're just doing HTML dreamweaver may be more than you
> need. it does offer a design view so you can see what you're
> building. if you're doing ASP or ASP.NET or you're want to
> integrate with fireworks you might like it.
> frontpage adds a lot of unneeded HTML junk that makes
> your code hard to read.

> notepad++ is free and there's probably others.

That does seem like a good choice. I now have a copy of HTML-kit and maybe
I'll try Notepad++.

I would like an editor that can handle various types of files such as HTML,
JavaScript, Perl, and even occasionally PIC assembly code, C++ and Borland
Delphi. They have their own IDEs so a separate editor is just a convenience.
But it's better than Windows Notepad for sure. I'd also like an option to
read and edit binary files in hex. And good conversions from older programs
like Wordstar. There are many choices and maybe it's just as well to have
separate applications for various purposes rather than trying to find an
"all-in-one" solution.

Paul