Velocity Reviews

-   -   Kitty declares territorial rights! (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t738181-kitty-declares-territorial-rights.html)

richard 11-16-2010 09:16 PM

Kitty declares territorial rights!

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/bes...tor.cnn?hpt=C2

A case of "David versus Goliath".
What I find more amazing is the fact that the people around have no fears
what so ever. like maybe the cat was challenging a duck.

Old Gringo38 11-16-2010 11:55 PM

Re: Kitty declares territorial rights!

On Tue, 16 Nov 2010 17:41:19 -0600, philo wrote:

> "richard" <member@newsguy.com> wrote in message
>> http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/bes...tor.cnn?hpt=C2
>>
>> A case of "David versus Goliath".
>> What I find more amazing is the fact that the people around have no fears
>> what so ever. like maybe the cat was challenging a duck.

> Had the 'gator been hungry
> the cat would have been gone in about one second or less

I was kind of puzzled by the Gator's showing no aggression at all,
but more of a sense of curiosity.
--
11/16/2010 5:53:49 PM CST
Just West Of Nowhere

philo 11-17-2010 12:05 AM

"Old Gringo38" <NoEmail@ThisOldHouse.con> wrote in message
> On Tue, 16 Nov 2010 17:41:19 -0600, philo wrote:
>
>> "richard" <member@newsguy.com> wrote in message
>>> http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/bes...tor.cnn?hpt=C2
>>>
>>> A case of "David versus Goliath".
>>> What I find more amazing is the fact that the people around have no
>>> fears
>>> what so ever. like maybe the cat was challenging a duck.

>> Had the 'gator been hungry
>> the cat would have been gone in about one second or less

> I was kind of puzzled by the Gator's showing no aggression at all,
> but more of a sense of curiosity.

Simply a matter of hunger...

Old Gringo38 11-17-2010 12:09 AM

On Tue, 16 Nov 2010 18:05:12 -0600, philo wrote:

> "Old Gringo38" <NoEmail@ThisOldHouse.con> wrote in message
>> On Tue, 16 Nov 2010 17:41:19 -0600, philo wrote:
>>
>>> "richard" <member@newsguy.com> wrote in message

>>> Had the 'gator been hungry
>>> the cat would have been gone in about one second or less

>> I was kind of puzzled by the Gator's showing no aggression at all,
>> but more of a sense of curiosity.

> Simply a matter of hunger...

That must be the case

--
11/16/2010 6:08:33 PM CST

richard 11-17-2010 04:35 AM

On Tue, 16 Nov 2010 20:05:20 -0800, Evan Platt wrote:

> On Tue, 16 Nov 2010 14:16:21 -0700, richard <member@newsguy.com>
> wrote:
>
>>http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/bes...tor.cnn?hpt=C2
>>
>>A case of "David versus Goliath".
>>What I find more amazing is the fact that the people around have no fears
>>what so ever. like maybe the cat was challenging a duck.

> A case of richard not putting 2 and 2 together.
>
> There's a kid standing right there. And no adult yelling at the kid to
> get away.
>
> So we can presume this may be a alligator farm or something similar.
>
> The alligators weren't hungry, otherwise they'd have the cat for
> breakfast.

Just have to mouth off don't ya?
'Gator farms usually don't allow pontoon boats in their facility.
But being the dumbass you are, you are not aware that gators live in the
wild in the florida. They've been known to be in numerous neighborhoods far
from any gator farm.

WhoMe 11-17-2010 05:36 AM

> On Tue, 16 Nov 2010 20:05:20 -0800, Evan Platt wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 16 Nov 2010 14:16:21 -0700, richard <member@newsguy.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/bes...tor.cnn?hpt=C2
>>>
>>>A case of "David versus Goliath".
>>>What I find more amazing is the fact that the people around have no fears
>>>what so ever. like maybe the cat was challenging a duck.

>> A case of richard not putting 2 and 2 together.
>>
>> There's a kid standing right there. And no adult yelling at the kid to
>> get away.
>>
>> So we can presume this may be a alligator farm or something similar.
>>
>> The alligators weren't hungry, otherwise they'd have the cat for
>> breakfast.

> Just have to mouth off don't ya?
> 'Gator farms usually don't allow pontoon boats in their facility.
> But being the dumbass you are, you are not aware that gators live in the
> wild in the florida. They've been known to be in numerous neighborhoods
> far
> from any gator farm.

It's a tourist boat service that takes people into the Louisiana marshes to
observe gators and other wild life. The people that run that show (and I
know a number of them personally) AND their kids know how to read gators.

And you're right the gators are obviously acclimated to the situation and
very likely well fed (that's how they get the gators to perform for the
rubes) because the cat would have been gone faster than the time between
frames in the camera. (gators eat their young and each other given half a
chance)

joevan 11-17-2010 01:33 PM

Re: Kitty declares territorial rights!

On Tue, 16 Nov 2010 18:05:12 -0600, "philo" <philo@privacy.invalid>
wrote:

>"Old Gringo38" <NoEmail@ThisOldHouse.con> wrote in message
>news:1dcx36kpcic9o.edlvvgklmtas.dlg@40tude.net. ..
>> On Tue, 16 Nov 2010 17:41:19 -0600, philo wrote:
>>
>>> "richard" <member@newsguy.com> wrote in message

>>> Had the 'gator been hungry
>>> the cat would have been gone in about one second or less

>> I was kind of puzzled by the Gator's showing no aggression at all,
>> but more of a sense of curiosity.

>Simply a matter of hunger...

Gator was full from eating her kittens and the family dog. That is
what puzzles me unless she was friendly with the dog too.