Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: Wish to learn HTML (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t738097-re-wish-to-learn-html.html)

richard 11-15-2010 07:11 PM

Re: Wish to learn HTML

On Mon, 15 Nov 2010 17:22:33 +0000, Frederick Williams wrote:

> I wish to learn HTML and would welcome suggestions of books to read, and
> editors and browsers to employ.
>
> TIA

Learn by doing the hard way. Use notepad and hand code everything.
As you write the code, continously check your progress.
http://validator.w3.org/
When this site finds errors, find out why they are errors and correct.

http://www.oswd.org/
This site has a few thousand templates from which you can also learn.

Always apply the "KISS" rule. "Keep it simple, stupid".

richard 11-16-2010 04:50 AM

Re: Wish to learn HTML

On Mon, 15 Nov 2010 20:32:24 -0800, Evan Platt wrote:

> On Mon, 15 Nov 2010 12:11:49 -0700, richard <member@newsguy.com>
> wrote:
>

>>Learn by doing the hard way. Use notepad and hand code everything.
>>As you write the code, continously check your progress.
>>http://validator.w3.org/
>>When this site finds errors, find out why they are errors and correct.

> LOL, taking HTML advice from Bullshit Bullis?
> Bad idea.
>
> http://www.1littleworld.com/
> Hmm, let's click on Alphabetical list of oldies.
>
> Index of /
>
> * cgi-bin/
>

> Ok, let me click on cgi-bin.
>
> Forbidden
>
> You don't have permission to access /cgi-bin/ on this server.
>
> Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to
> use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
>

> Misconfigured in way too many ways.

Is that the best you can do?
Try it again in a week and I'll bet you won't even get that much as I just
cancelled that contract.
The reason you got what you did is because I pulled the files.

Allodoxaphobia 11-17-2010 04:28 PM

[OT] WAS Re: Wish to learn HTML

On Tue, 16 Nov 2010 08:00:20 -0500, Sherm Pendley wrote:

> Remember, even a broken clock is right twice a day. :-)

Oh? Even digital clocks? :-)