Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: Europe scratchin their heads in wonder (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t738003-re-europe-scratchin-their-heads-in-wonder.html)

Aardvark 11-14-2010 06:49 PM

On Sun, 14 Nov 2010 09:12:22 -0700, §nühw¤£f wrote:

> The outcome of the recent Uhmurikin sElections has people in the EU
> wondering: wtf?
> http://www.commondreams.org/view/2010/11/13-3
>
> I guess they expected Uhmurikins to be actually smart. <guffaw>

"Keep in mind that these were the conservatives of Europe venting at this
conference, who currently are in control of the European Parliament, the
European Commission, as well as the governments in Germany, France,
Britain, Sweden and elsewhere. The European right is nowhere near as
conservative as the Tea Partiers or GOP Congress members. Indeed, in most
ways the European right is to the left of the Democratic Party, which is
fairly startling to contemplate. If European conservatives were allowed
to vote in America's November 2 election, there is no doubt how they
would have voted."

Guffaw, indeed.

no hace mucho tiempo que viv*a un hidalgo de los de lanza en
astillero, adarga antigua, roc*n flaco y galgo corredor."
-Cervantes, 'Don Quixote'

anyone 11-14-2010 08:05 PM

On Sun, 14 Nov 2010 18:49:37 +0000, Aardvark wrote:

> On Sun, 14 Nov 2010 09:12:22 -0700, §nühw¤£f wrote:
>
>> The outcome of the recent Uhmurikin sElections has people in the EU
>> wondering: wtf?
>> http://www.commondreams.org/view/2010/11/13-3
>>
>> I guess they expected Uhmurikins to be actually smart. <guffaw>

> "Keep in mind that these were the conservatives of Europe venting at
> this conference, who currently are in control of the European
> Parliament, the European Commission, as well as the governments in
> Germany, France, Britain, Sweden and elsewhere. The European right is
> nowhere near as conservative as the Tea Partiers or GOP Congress
> members. Indeed, in most ways the European right is to the left of the
> Democratic Party, which is fairly startling to contemplate. If European
> conservatives were allowed to vote in America's November 2 election,
> there is no doubt how they would have voted."
>
> Guffaw, indeed.

It is a sad state indeed (no pun intended), when the political prowess
of conservatives in America is best represented by Butthead Bachmann,
'Sir CrysALot' Boehner, the Alaskan IquitARod, Rick "let's secede" Perry,
Darrell "Can I get a Camera" Issa, Alan "My clearance is higher'n yours"
West, Eric "I published a book!" Cantor, Joe "more oily than Cod" Miller,
ad nauseam...

Seems we're in for a bit of extended economic damage, when only now are
things slowly beginning to recover.

webster72n 11-15-2010 01:30 AM

"anyone" wrote in message
news:4ce04113$0$7564$c3e8da3$40d4fd75@news.astrawe b.com...

On Sun, 14 Nov 2010 18:49:37 +0000, Aardvark wrote:

> On Sun, 14 Nov 2010 09:12:22 -0700, §nühw¤£f wrote:
>
>> The outcome of the recent Uhmurikin sElections has people in the EU
>> wondering: wtf?
>> http://www.commondreams.org/view/2010/11/13-3
>>
>> I guess they expected Uhmurikins to be actually smart. <guffaw>

> "Keep in mind that these were the conservatives of Europe venting at
> this conference, who currently are in control of the European
> Parliament, the European Commission, as well as the governments in
> Germany, France, Britain, Sweden and elsewhere. The European right is
> nowhere near as conservative as the Tea Partiers or GOP Congress
> members. Indeed, in most ways the European right is to the left of the
> Democratic Party, which is fairly startling to contemplate. If European
> conservatives were allowed to vote in America's November 2 election,
> there is no doubt how they would have voted."
>
> Guffaw, indeed.

It is a sad state indeed (no pun intended), when the political prowess
of conservatives in America is best represented by Butthead Bachmann,
'Sir CrysALot' Boehner, the Alaskan IquitARod, Rick "let's secede" Perry,
Darrell "Can I get a Camera" Issa, Alan "My clearance is higher'n yours"
West, Eric "I published a book!" Cantor, Joe "more oily than Cod" Miller,
ad nauseam...

Seems we're in for a bit of extended economic damage, when only now are
things slowly beginning to recover.

Recover? Are you kidding?
Brace yourself, you are going for a ride you will never forget.

<H>.

Ferd Berfle 11-15-2010 02:19 PM

"anyone" <6p9i11Bv8@3GfxD9na5RILelsqVlk0Lb.PnQ> wrote in message
news:4ce04113$0$7564$c3e8da3$40d4fd75@news.astrawe b.com...
> On Sun, 14 Nov 2010 18:49:37 +0000, Aardvark wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 14 Nov 2010 09:12:22 -0700, nhwf wrote:
>>
>>> The outcome of the recent Uhmurikin sElections has people in the EU
>>> wondering: wtf?
>>> http://www.commondreams.org/view/2010/11/13-3
>>>
>>> I guess they expected Uhmurikins to be actually smart. <guffaw>

>> "Keep in mind that these were the conservatives of Europe venting at
>> this conference, who currently are in control of the European
>> Parliament, the European Commission, as well as the governments in
>> Germany, France, Britain, Sweden and elsewhere. The European right is
>> nowhere near as conservative as the Tea Partiers or GOP Congress
>> members. Indeed, in most ways the European right is to the left of the
>> Democratic Party, which is fairly startling to contemplate. If European
>> conservatives were allowed to vote in America's November 2 election,
>> there is no doubt how they would have voted."
>>
>> Guffaw, indeed.

> It is a sad state indeed (no pun intended), when the political prowess
> of conservatives in America is best represented by Butthead Bachmann,
> 'Sir CrysALot' Boehner, the Alaskan IquitARod, Rick "let's secede" Perry,
> Darrell "Can I get a Camera" Issa, Alan "My clearance is higher'n yours"
> West, Eric "I published a book!" Cantor, Joe "more oily than Cod" Miller,
> ad nauseam...
>
> Seems we're in for a bit of extended economic damage, when only now are
> things slowly beginning to recover.

The Dimocrats have actually re elected a little Weenie to Congress in NY.

http://angrywhitedude.com/?tag=anthony-weiner

Anyone 11-16-2010 02:01 AM

Re: Europe scratchin their heads in wonder

webster72n wrote on 14-Nov-10 17:30 ...

> "anyone" wrote in message
> news:4ce04113$0$7564$c3e8da3$40d4fd75@news.astrawe b.com...
>
> On Sun, 14 Nov 2010 18:49:37 +0000, Aardvark wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 14 Nov 2010 09:12:22 -0700, §nühw¤£f wrote:
>>
>>> The outcome of the recent Uhmurikin sElections has people in the EU
>>> wondering: wtf?
>>> http://www.commondreams.org/view/2010/11/13-3
>>>
>>> I guess they expected Uhmurikins to be actually smart. <guffaw>

>> "Keep in mind that these were the conservatives of Europe venting at
>> this conference, who currently are in control of the European
>> Parliament, the European Commission, as well as the governments in
>> Germany, France, Britain, Sweden and elsewhere. The European right is
>> nowhere near as conservative as the Tea Partiers or GOP Congress
>> members. Indeed, in most ways the European right is to the left of the
>> Democratic Party, which is fairly startling to contemplate. If European
>> conservatives were allowed to vote in America's November 2 election,
>> there is no doubt how they would have voted."
>>
>> Guffaw, indeed.

> It is a sad state indeed (no pun intended), when the political prowess
> of conservatives in America is best represented by Butthead Bachmann,
> 'Sir CrysALot' Boehner, the Alaskan IquitARod, Rick "let's secede" Perry,
> Darrell "Can I get a Camera" Issa, Alan "My clearance is higher'n yours"
> West, Eric "I published a book!" Cantor, Joe "more oily than Cod" Miller,
> ad nauseam...
>
> Seems we're in for a bit of extended economic damage, when only now are
> things slowly beginning to recover.
>
> Recover? Are you kidding?

Nope.

> Brace yourself, you are going for a ride you will never forget.

Yes, that was the point.

anyone 11-16-2010 05:02 PM

On Mon, 15 Nov 2010 09:19:33 -0500, Ferd Berfle wrote:

> "anyone" <6p9i11Bv8@3GfxD9na5RILelsqVlk0Lb.PnQ> wrote in message
> news:4ce04113$0$7564$c3e8da3$40d4fd75@news.astrawe b.com...

>>> "Keep in mind that these were the conservatives of Europe venting at
>>> this conference, who currently are in control of the European
>>> Parliament, the European Commission, as well as the governments in
>>> Germany, France, Britain, Sweden and elsewhere. The European right is
>>> nowhere near as conservative as the Tea Partiers or GOP Congress
>>> members. Indeed, in most ways the European right is to the left of the
>>> Democratic Party, which is fairly startling to contemplate. If
>>> European conservatives were allowed to vote in America's November 2
>>> election, there is no doubt how they would have voted."
>>>
>>> Guffaw, indeed.

>> It is a sad state indeed (no pun intended), when the political prowess
>> of conservatives in America is best represented by Butthead Bachmann,
>> 'Sir CrysALot' Boehner, the Alaskan IquitARod, Rick "let's secede"
>> Perry, Darrell "Can I get a Camera" Issa, Alan "My clearance is
>> higher'n yours" West, Eric "I published a book!" Cantor, Joe "more oily
>> than Cod" Miller, ad nauseam...
>>
>> Seems we're in for a bit of extended economic damage, when only now are
>> things slowly beginning to recover.

> The Dimocrats have actually re elected a little Weenie to Congress in
> NY.

"...I stopped worrying about that one back in high school." -- Congressman Weiner,
to Rachel Maddow on TRMS.