Velocity Reviews

-   -   the arab/american prezbo (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t737874-the-arab-american-prezbo.html)

StevieO 11-12-2010 08:53 PM

the arab/american prezbo

obummer got bitch slapped by the G20, by the South Koreans
and by the Chi Coms.

He sure is a success.......LOL He just might be
blood related to boaterdave.....LMAO

Old Gringo38 11-12-2010 10:17 PM

Re: the arab/american prezbo

On Fri, 12 Nov 2010 15:53:37 -0500, StevieO wrote:

> obummer got bitch slapped by the G20, by the South Koreans
> and by the Chi Coms.
>
> He sure is a success.......LOL He just might be
> blood related to boaterdave.....LMAO

Got a link, I'd like to read it.
--
11/12/2010 4:16:43 PM CST
Just West Of Nowhere

Aardvark 11-12-2010 11:01 PM

Re: the arab/american prezbo

On Fri, 12 Nov 2010 16:17:19 -0600, Old Gringo38 wrote:

> On Fri, 12 Nov 2010 15:53:37 -0500, StevieO wrote:
>
>> obummer got bitch slapped by the G20, by the South Koreans and by the
>> Chi Coms.
>>
>> He sure is a success.......LOL He just might be blood related to
>> boaterdave.....LMAO

> Got a link, I'd like to read it.

Highly unlikely.

no hace mucho tiempo que vivÃ*a un hidalgo de los de lanza en
astillero, adarga antigua, rocÃ*n flaco y galgo corredor."
-Cervantes, 'Don Quixote'

Old Gringo38 11-12-2010 11:06 PM

Re: the arab/american prezbo

On Fri, 12 Nov 2010 23:01:17 +0000 (UTC), Aardvark wrote:

> On Fri, 12 Nov 2010 16:17:19 -0600, Old Gringo38 wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 12 Nov 2010 15:53:37 -0500, StevieO wrote:
>>
>>> obummer got bitch slapped by the G20, by the South Koreans and by the
>>> Chi Coms.
>>>
>>> He sure is a success.......LOL He just might be blood related to
>>> boaterdave.....LMAO

>> Got a link, I'd like to read it.

> Highly unlikely.

I was beginning to think just that.
--
11/12/2010 5:04:32 PM CST

StevieO 11-13-2010 10:31 AM

Re: the arab/american prezbo

Turn of the tv or radio.

If you have neither try any major news web site.

If you can not find a news web site go to
www.google.com and do a search.

Press on.

Ferd Berfle 11-13-2010 11:57 AM

Re: the arab/american prezbo

"StevieO" <no@sevieo.np> wrote in message
> Turn of the tv or radio.
>
> If you have neither try any major news web site.
>
> If you can not find a news web site go to
> www.google.com and do a search.

Obamao is Sofa King incompetent.

Ferd Berfle 11-13-2010 12:13 PM

Re: the arab/american prezbo

http://www.moonbattery.com/archives/...umping-se.html

StevieO 11-13-2010 12:50 PM

Re: the arab/american prezbo

Do you live with snotwolf in big sky country?

November 11, 2010
Obama's Trade Strategy Runs Into Stiff Resistance

This article is by Sewell Chan, Sheryl Gay Stolberg and David E. Sanger.

SEOUL, South Korea - President Obama's hopes of emerging from his Asia trip
with the twin victories of a free trade agreement with South Korea and a
unified approach to spurring economic growth around the world ran into
resistance on all fronts on Thursday, putting Mr. Obama at odds with his key
allies and largest trading partners.

The most concrete trophy expected to emerge from the trip eluded his grasp:
a long-delayed free trade agreement with South Korea, first negotiated by
the Bush administration and then reopened by Mr. Obama, to have greater
protections for American workers.

And as officials frenetically tried to paper over differences among the
Group of 20 members with a vaguely worded communiqué to be issued Friday,
there was no way to avoid discussion of the fundamental differences of
economic strategy. After five largely harmonious meetings in the past two
years to deal with the most severe downturn since the Depression, major
disputes broke out between Washington and China, Britain, Germany and
Brazil.

Each rejected core elements of Mr. Obama's strategy of stimulating growth
before focusing on deficit reduction. Several major nations continued to
accuse the Federal Reserve of deliberately devaluing the dollar last week in
an effort to put the costs of America's competitive troubles on trading
partners, rather than taking politically tough measures to rein in spending
at home.

The result was that Mr. Obama repeatedly found himself on the defensive. He
and the South Korean president, Lee Myung-bak, had vowed to complete the
trade pact by the time they met here; while Mr. Obama insisted that it would
be resolved "in a matter of weeks," without the pressure of a summit meeting
it was unclear how the hurdles on nontariff barriers to American cars and
beef would be resolved.

Mr. Obama's meeting with China's president, Hu Jintao, appeared to do little
to break down Chinese resistance to accepting even nonbinding numerical
targets for limiting China's trade surplus. While Lael Brainard, the under
secretary of the Treasury for international affairs, said that the United
States and China "have gotten to a good place" on rebalancing their trade,
Chinese officials later archly reminded the Americans that as the issuers of
the dollar, the main global reserve currency, they should consider the
interests of the "global economy" as well as their own "national
circumstances."

The disputes were not limited to America's foreign partners. Treasury
Secretary Timothy F. Geithner got into a trans-Pacific argument with one of
his former mentors, Alan Greenspan, the former chairman of the Federal
Reserve, after Mr. Greenspan wrote that the United States was "pursuing a
policy of currency weakening." Mr. Geithner shot back on CNBC that while he
had "enormous respect" for Mr. Greenspan, "that's not an accurate
description of either the Fed's policies or our policies." He added, "We
will never seek to weaken our currency as a tool to gain competitive
advantage or grow the economy."

Much of the rest of the world seemed to share Mr. Greenspan's assessment.
Moreover, Mr. Obama seemed to be losing the broader debate over austerity.
The president has insisted that at a moment of weak private demand, the best
way to spur economic growth is to have the government prime the pump with
cheap credit and government stimulus programs. He quickly found himself in
an argument with Prime Minister David Cameron of Britain and Chancellor
Angela Merkel of Germany.

"You do hear the argument made sometimes: If you have a deficit, put off the
action to deal with it because taking money out of the economy will reduce
your growth rate," Mr. Cameron said at the meeting. "I simply don't accept
that." Even as he spoke, back home his ministers were announcing new cuts in
Britain's famed welfare system.

Mrs. Merkel, reflecting a more traditional German view born of her country's
history of hyperinflation before World War II, was equally adamant. "I am
not one, and Germany is not one, who says growth and fiscal consolidation
are contradictory," she said during a lunchtime address in Seoul. "They can
go together, and it is essential to return to a sustainable growth path."

She also suggested that it was the job of deficit countries - like the
United States and Britain, though she diplomatically avoided citing them -
to increase their competitiveness rather than put limits on countries that
had figured out how to get the world to buy their goods. "In the task ahead,
the benchmark has to be the countries that have been most competitive, not
to reduce to the lowest common denominator," she said.

The differences with Mr. Cameron and Mrs. Merkel were particularly striking
because during Mr. Obama's first Group of 20 meetings - in London,
Pittsburgh and Toronto - he managed to get all of the major economies to
pursue something of a coordinated stimulus strategy.

But that consensus began fracturing at the June meeting in Toronto. While
the administration had warned that rolling back fiscal stimulus programs too
quickly could endanger the fragile recovery, the pressure on European
nations to slash their deficits was becoming overwhelming. Ultimately the
Group of 20 countries committed to cutting government deficits in half by
2013, a goal the United States insists it will meet.

But much has now changed. Mr. Cameron is following his conservative
instincts and has made budget-cutting a signature issue. Mrs. Merkel is
credited with avoiding spending heavily on stimulus programs and emerging
with the most successful recovery in Europe.

And Mr. Obama faces new political constraints. Jeffry A. Frieden, a
political scientist at Harvard, noted Thursday that the administration
"feels it does not have the domestic political support for embarking on
potentially difficult cooperative measures."

The White House decided it was smarter for Mr. Obama to return home with no
free trade accord than with one in which it could be accused of making
concessions at a time that the consensus on trade has been shattered,
particularly within the Democratic Party.

Similarly, accusations that China has manipulated its currency for its own
advantage - and now the countercharge that the Fed is doing the same - are
part of what Mr. Frieden calls an argument over "who will bear the burden of
adjustment."

"Will it be the creditor or debtor countries?" he said. "Who's going to take
a hit for our debt?"

Indeed, the struggle for advantage, which ultimately may be a struggle to
set the rules for a new global financial order, was the unspoken subtext of
the meeting between Mr. Obama and Mr. Hu.

Mr. Hu, in the most indirect terms, told Mr. Obama that Beijing was focused
on the Fed's role in pushing down interest rates, and its effect on
weakening the dollar. The code words were obvious. For days Chinese
officials have characterized the Fed's actions as an effort to drive "hot
money" to developing nations, pushing up their currencies and their interest
rates, and perhaps fueling inflation. Mr. Obama had hoped to make the
meeting about a related subject: China's continuing refusal to allow rapid
appreciation of its currency, which fuels its huge trade surplus.

At a press briefing in Seoul, Zheng Xiaosong, director general of the
Chinese Ministry of Finance's international department, indirectly accused
the United States of ignoring its international responsibilities. "The major
reserve-currency issuers, while implementing their monetary policies, should
not only take into account their national circumstances but should also bear
in mind the possible impacts on the global economy," he said.

StevieO 11-13-2010 12:52 PM

Re: the arab/american prezbo

Picture of a smug epic failure....
Guess you can not expect much from a mix breed..

http://biggovernment.com/files/2010/..._contempt1.jpg

Meat Plow 11-13-2010 03:47 PM

Re: the arab/american prezbo

Go to http://www.ap.org/ (Associated Press) or Reuters